Glynase XL 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide)
What Is The Generic Name For Glynase XL 5 Mg?
Glipizide is the generic version for Glynase XL 5 Mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide)?
- Glucotrol XL
About Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide)
Glynase XL 5 Mg contains an active ingredient, Glipizide, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. It is widely available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
USV (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Glynase XL 5 Mg.
Glynase XL 5 Mg contains an active ingredient, Glipizide, 5 Mg. It is widely available in the various strengths and Substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide)?
Glynase XL 5 Mg is used in the treatment of:
Type II Diabetes
How Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide) Works?
Glynase XL 5 Mg is an antibiotic which has Glipizide, as an active ingredient. It basically works by increasing the levels of insulin released by Pancreas to in response to high blood Glucose Levels.
Before You Use Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide)?
You should not take Glynase XL 5 Mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy
- Have Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Type I Diabetes Mellitus (Have Hypoglycemic Condition)
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any liver Impairment
- Have any inflammation
- Have any Kidney or intestinal Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Glynase XL contains an active ingredient, Glipizide, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Glynase XL 5 Mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it 60 min. prior to the meal.
How Much Of The Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide) to Be Used?
Glynase XL 5 Mg is available in various strength and substitutes and available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Glynase XL 5 Mg.
How To Take The Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide)?
Glynase XL 5 Mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide)?
You are always advised to take Glynase XL 5 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take Glynase XL 5 Mg in smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Glynase XL 5 Mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Glynase XL 5 Mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double your dose next time if you have missed it once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Glynase XL 5 Mg (Glipizide)?
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level),
- Frequent Urination
- Unusual Bleeding
- Yellowing of Skin and Eyes
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
- Decreased Heart Beat
- Dark Colored Urine
- Loss of Appetite
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Glynase XL 5 Mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication, Herbal Supplements, and Vitamins. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Heart Disease
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Hemolytic Anemia/G6PD Deficiency
Warning And Precaution:
Glynase XL 5 Mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Bleeding Disorders and liver Diseases
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- It should be used cautiously while taking NSAIDs, Beta Blockers, ACE inhibitors, and Alcohol
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- You should go for Blood Glucose level test regularly
- Regular Exercise and Diet Management will help you control your Diabetes efficiently
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- Regular check-up for liver function and blood Glucose Level is recommended.
- You should carry some candies with you to avoid sudden Hypoglycemia due to medicine.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy)
- Glynase XL 5 Mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Glynase XL 5 Mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.