Glypride 1 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride)
What Is The Generic Name For Glypride 1 Mg?
Glimepiride is the generic version for Glypride 1 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride)?
About Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride)
Glypride 1 mg contains an active ingredient, Glimepiride, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. It can be used with Insulin also to give more effective treatment in Diabetes. Its availability is at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Glypride 1 mg.
Glypride 1 mg contains an active ingredient, Glimepiride, 1 mg. It is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride)?
Glypride 1 mg is used in the treatment of:
Type II Diabetes
How Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride) Works?
Glypride 1 mg is an antibiotic which has Glimepiride, as an active ingredient. It basically works by increasing the amount of insulin release from Pancreas to lower the Blood Glucose.
Before You Use Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride):
- Make sure that you are not allergic to it
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history ()
What Should You Avoid While Taking Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride)?
You should not take Glynase XL 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy
- Have Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Type I Diabetes Mellitus (Have Hypoglycemic Condition)
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any liver Impairment
- Have any inflammation
- Have any Kidney or intestinal Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Glypride 1 mg contains an active ingredient, Glimepiride, 1 mg, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Glypride 1 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with food and you should not change your dose by yourself. Always ask your doctor for any change you want to do in Dosage.
How Much Of The Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride) to Be Used?
Glypride 1 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Glypride 1 mg.
How To Take The Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride)?
Glypride 1 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride)?
You are always advised to take Glypride 1 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Glypride 1 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Glypride 1 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Glypride 1 Mg (Glimepiride)?
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level),
- Frequent Urination
- Unusual Bleeding
- Yellowing of Skin and Eyes
- Weight Gain
- Elevated Liver Enzymes /Jaundice
- Decreased Heart Beat
- Dark Colored Urine
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Glypride 1 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication and food supplements. It interacts with the following medicine:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Heart Disease
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Glypride 1 mg is cautiously used as it is responsible for:
- Weight Gain
- Hemolytic anemia
- Fluid Retention
- It should be cautiously used in Pregnancy/ Breastfeeding
- It should be cautiously used in Kidney and Heart Diseases
- It should be used cautiously while taking NSAIDs, Beta Blockers, ACE inhibitors, and Alcohol
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Regular monitoring of Blood Glucose Level should be done
- Regular exercise and diet management should be done to get effective treatment
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- Regular monitoring of blood Glucose and liver function should be done.
- You should carry some Candies with you to avoid sudden Hypoglycemia due to medicine
- Glypride 1 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course
Store the Glypride 1 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.