Herpex Cream 5 gm
USA Brand Name
Torrent Pharmaceuticals, India
Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir)
What Is The Generic Name Of Herpex Cream 5 gm?
Acyclovir is the generic version of Herpex Cream 5 gm
USA Brands Equivalent To Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir)?
- Zovirax Cream
About Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir):
Herpex Cream 5 gm (or 5% w/w) is antiviral cream having Acyclovir as an active ingredient that is used in the treatment of Herpes Labialis, Genital Herpes Infection and Eye Infections by Herpes Simplex Virus. You can find it at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Manufacturer Of Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir):
Torrent Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the top leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Herpex Cream 5 gm.
Strength Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir):
This cream contains the active ingredient, Acyclovir 5 gm. It should be noted that this medicine may be available in various strengths.
Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir) Is Used For The Treatment Of:
It is used in the treatment of:
- Herpes Labialis
- Genital Herpes Infection
- Chicken Pox
- Skin Infections by Virus
- Eye Infections By Herpes Simplex Virus
How Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir) Works?
Herpex Cream 5 gm having active ingredient Acyclovir, an antiviral medication acts by preventing the multiplication of the virus in human cells which stops the virus from producing new viruses.
Before You Use Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir):
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir)?
You should avoid using the Cream if you:
- Are Allergic/Hypersensitive to it
- If you are taking some medicines or supplements which raise the chances of Allergy or sunburn Eg: Antibiotics and Medicines to treat mood problems
- If you are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding and it is affecting your condition
- If your skin is accidentally injured, it has cuts and scrapes.
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are allergic to Herpex Cream 5 gm
- Are taking any other medicines for any Disease or Disorder
- Are using some Skin Products, Herbal Products or Over The Counter Medicine
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive or breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Accidentally swallowed it
- Have Skin injuries, bruises, chapped and dry skin, and have open wounds
- Have sunburnt Skin
- Have any Pre-existing Skin Disease, or any Surgery
Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir) is available in various strengths and as different doses at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store.
How Much Of Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir) Should Be Applied?
Recommended Dosage: Take pea size cream on your finger and apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected area once/twice a day as suggested by your doctor.
How To Apply Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir)?
Here are the basic and easy steps to use the cream:
- You should wash and dry your hands and the affected area properly prior to the cream application
- Wait for few minutes until dry
- Take a pea size cream on your fingertip and apply it by rubbing gently over the affected area (avoid applying near eyes, mouth, nose and inner ear).
- Clean your hands carefully after applying
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir)?
You should use this cream for as long as directed by your physician. Moreover, its effects usually become noticeable (2-3 days to weeks)
Overdose Of Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir):
Excessive cream application results only in pilling of cream or dry flaking of the cream. It shows its effect with time and applying too much of it will not accelerate the process.
Missed Dose Of Herpex Cream 5 Gm (Acyclovir)?
A missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular routine. Do not apply multiple doses at the same time.
Side Effects Of Herpex Cream 5 Gm (Acyclovir):
The side effects of Herpex Cream 5 gm include:
- Swelling and redness at the injection site
- Abdominal pain
- Increased thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Black or tarry stools
- Fever with chills
- Unusual bleeding
- Stinging in the Eyes
Drugs Interact With Herpex Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir):
Using other drugs, herbal supplements, over the counter drugs, or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of Herpex Cream 5 gm. It may cause either an allergic reaction or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your cream. Drugs that are known to interact with Herpex Cream 5 gm are mentioned below:
- You must inform the doctor about all the medicines you are already taking and always follow the instructions.
Herpex Cream 5 gm should not be used in
- Hypersensitive conditions
- Sunburnt Skin
- Kidney Impairment
- Neurological Disorder
- Open wounds and Injured Skin
Warning And Precautions:
- If skin irritation or allergy persists then stop using the cream and consult your doctor.
- Never use the expired product.
- Always keep the cream in proper conditions and out of the reach of children.
Things To Remember:
- Read the insert of the tube thoroughly.
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor.
How To Store Herpex Cream 5 Gm (Acyclovir)?
Keep the tube in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration