Hipres 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
About Hipres 50
Hipres 50 is marketed globally by Cipla Pharmaceuticals and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Hipres 50 is Atenolol. Atenolol is used in the treatment of:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Angina Pectoris
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
Manufacturer of Hipres 50
Hipres 50, that contains 50 mg of Atenolol, is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals. It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
Hipres 50 contains 50 mg of Atenolol.
USA Brands Equivalent to Atenolol, The Salt Present In Hipres 50
Uses of Atenolol, The Salt Present In Hipres 50
Atenolol is used in the treatment of:
- Anginal Pectoris: It is a type of chest pain caused by reduced blood flow to the heart. It is mainly characterized by a sensation of pain starting from heart, often spreading to the arms, the neck and the shoulders.
- Hypertension: It is a medical condition in which the blood pressure in arteries are persistently elevated.
- Acute Myocardial Infarction: It is a medical condition that arises due to the death of a portion of heart muscle. It is due to interruption blood flow to heart muscle.
- Cardiac Arrhythmia: it is a group of medical conditions in which the heartbeat is irregular. When the heart rate is too fast it is characterized as tachycardia and when the heart rate is too slow it is known as bradycardia.
How Hipres 50 Works?
The drug acts mainly by blocking beta adrenergic receptors in the heart and thus suppressing the effects of adrenergic chemicals like adrenaline or epinephrine. By blocking beta adrenergic nerves atenolol reduces the heart rate which is useful in treating abnormally rapid heart rhythms. And atenolol also reduces the contraction of the heart muscle thus lowering the blood pressure. By reducing the heart rate, the force of contraction, and the blood pressure atenolol reduces the need for oxygen by heart muscles and thus helps in treating angina.
How To Take Hipres 50?
Hipres 50 that contains the salt Atenolol can be administered with or without food. If your stomach feels upset, take the medication with food.
Atenolol, the active salt present in Hipres 50, is available in dosages which range from 25mg to 200 mg at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. A more specific dose will be directed by your doctor depending on your condition.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Hipres 50?
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
Missed Dose Of Hipres 50?
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drugs That Interact With Atenolol, The Salt Present In Hipres 50
The following substances are known to interact with Atenolol:
- Amiodarone, Disopyramide and Quinidine (Antiarrhythmic Agents)
- Prazosin, Alfuzosin, and Terazosin
- Verapamil and Nifedipine
- Cardiac Glycosides (Digoxin)
Tell Your Doctor
- If you have renal impairment.
- If you have hepatic impairment.
- If you have a history of bradycardia (slow heart rate).
- If you have any breathing problems.
- If you have pheochromocytoma (tumor in adrenal glands).
- If you have diabetes mellitus.
- If you have a history of heart block or heart failure.
- If you have thyroid problems.
- If you have a history of cardiac shock.
- If you have any peripheral vascular disease like Raynaud’s syndrome.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking.
When Not To Take Hipres 50?
Do not take Hipres 50 if you have allergic reactions to the salt or any of the excipients present in the formulation.
Side Effects Of Hipres 50
Side effects of Hipres 50 include:
- Allergic Reactions like rashes, hives, itching, tightness of chest etc.
- Muscle Weakness
- Skin Rashes
- Exacerbation of Psoriasis
- Cold Extremities
- Dry Mouth
- Impaired Vision
Overdose Of Atenolol, The Salt Present In Hipres 50
Possible effects an overdose may vary from person to person. Seek medical care immediately if an overdose is suspected.
General Information and Precautions
- If you have an allergy to Atenolol or any of the excipients present in the formulation, inform your physician.
- If you are allergic to any drugs, food items or substances, tell your physician.
- If you have any intolerable side effects, inform your physician.
- Before you start taking any new drug, inform your physician.
- Do not drink alcohol while using this drug because it can increase hypotensive effect of drug.
- Do not stop this drug suddenly because it can worsen your condition. Always seek advice of your doctor before stopping this medication.