Imiquad Cream 0.5%
USA Brand Name
Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod)
What Is The Generic Name For Imiquad Cream:
Imiquimod is the generic version for Imiquad Cream
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod):
About Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod):
Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w contains an active ingredient, Imiquimod, an immunosuppressant that is used topically in the treatment of clinically typical, nonhyperkeratotic, nonhypertrophic actinic keratoses on the face or scalp in immunocompetent adults. It is also indicated for the treatment of external genital and perianal warts/condyloma acuminate in patients above age 12 years. This prescription based drug is available at any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
GSK (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w.
Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w contains an active ingredient, Imiquimod, 500 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod):
Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w is used to treat:
- Nonhyperkeratotic, nonhypertrophic actinic keratoses on the face or scalp
- External genital Warts
- Superficial basal cell carcinoma (cancer of the skin)
How Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod) Works:
Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w contains Imiquimod as an immune system modifier which increases the activity of the immune system.
Before You Use Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Imiquimod
- You are not using any topical products/Cosmetics without the knowledge of your doctor.
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w:
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid using any topical product without prescriptions
When Not To Use Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod):
You should not use Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have any serious infections and inflammations
- Have any injury, scrapes, wounds or deep cuts
- Are Breastfeeding/Pregnant women
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any inflammation or infection
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Take Alcohol
- Are Pregnant/ Conceiving/ Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Imiquimod in Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w is available in oral forms also and may be used in combination therapy. It can be found in different strengths and other substitutes and should be given on prescription only at any of the online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Consult your doctor for the strength and application frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
It is not recommended for Pediatric Population and pregnant/breastfeeding women. Keep this medication away from non-patients/healthy people.
How Much Of The Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod) to Be Used:
Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w is available at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w. Do not apply a thick layer as it will only lead to piling up or sometimes severe side effects due to excess application of the cream.
How To Use The Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod):
Imiquad Cream must be applied by rubbing a thin layer on the affected area after cleaning your hands and affected area properly. Use the cream according to your doctor’s indications.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod)
You are always advised to take Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for a longer/smaller time than recommended. Use it once in a day and 4-5 days a week.
Contact your physician/ doctor or reach a nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like difficulty breathing or swallowing, chest tightness, swelling, skin rashes, and hives.
A missed dose of Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w should be applied as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not apply a double or thicker layer if you missed the dose once. Applying too much of cream may result in piling up of the cream or maybe its side effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w (Imiquimod)
- Redness, swollen, itching or burning skin
- Pain or tenderness at the application site
- Thickening or hardening of the skin
- Flaking, scabbing or crusting skin
- Change in skin color
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Formations of sores, blisters or ulcers
- Flu-like symptoms
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w may interfere with other medicines you are taking/applying or diseases with which you are already affected. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always discuss it with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. Most importantly, inform him about all topical products or cosmetics you are using so those safety instructions can be planned.
Warning And Precaution:
Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w should be used very cautiously or avoided in:
- Other Infections and Inflammation
- Hypersensitivity/Allergic reactions
- Pregnant /Breastfeeding women/children below age 12 years
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in diseased conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Always wash your hands and clean the affected area before application.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly if you accidentally swallow it or wash properly if it accidentally reaches to your sensitive organs like eyes, ears, nose, etc.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Ask your doctor if you have any confusion related to the application, frequency, and the strength and substitutes of the cream
Do not stop Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w suddenly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician/doctor as the wrong use of Imiquad Cream 0.5% w/w leads to adverse effects.
Store it at a cool temperature in a dark, clean and dry place. Make sure that the tube is not leaked or damaged. Do not refrigerate it.