Iopar SR 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Iopar SR 250 Mg (Acetazolamide)
What Is The Generic Name For Iopar SR 250 Mg?
Acetazolamide is the generic version for Iopar SR 250 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Iopar SR 250 Mg (Acetazolamide)?
About Iopar SR 250 Mg (Acetazolamide)
Iopar SR 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Acetazolamide, which is used in the treatment of Glaucoma, Edema, Congestive Heart Failure, Epilepsy. It is easily available at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
FDC (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Iopar SR 250 mg.
Iopar SR 250 mg is a Sustained Release drug that contains an active ingredient, Acetazolamide, 250 mg per capsule. You may find Iopar SR 250 mg in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Iopar SR 250 Mg (Acetazolamide)?
Iopar SR 250 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Open-Angle Glaucoma
- Preoperatively in Acute Angle-Closure Glaucoma
- Drug-Induced Edema
- Edema Due to Congestive Heart Failure
- Centrencephalic Epilepsies
How Iopar SR 250 mg (Acetazolamide) Works?
Iopar SR 250 mg has Acetazolamide, a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor that basically inhibits the activity of carbonic anhydrase, resulting in the diuresis of abnormal fluid retention.
Before You Use Iopar SR 250 mg (Acetazolamide):
- Make sure that you do not take Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not take OTC medicines without prescriptions
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, or Medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Iopar SR 250 mg (Acetazolamide)?
- You should not drive after taking this capsule
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Iopar SR 250 mg (Acetazolamide)?
You should not take Iopar SR 250 mg if you:
- Have an allergy to it
- Have asthma or any lung Inflammation
- Have any Bleeding Problems or Heart Problems
- Have any Eye Problem or eye inflammation
- Have serious Liver/Kidney Problems
- Are pregnant or conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the Acetazolamide
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Asthma or any lung Inflammation
- Have Gout or other joint problems like Osteoarthritis, Rheumatic Arthritis
- Have Bleeding Disorder
- Have any Brain Disorder
- Have Heart Disease
- Have Edema or swelling of any organ
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive/Breastfeeding
Iopar SR 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Acetazolamide (250 mg), used in the treatment of Glaucoma, Edema, and Epilepsy. Iopar SR 250 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You must consult your doctor before use and ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Iopar SR 250 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children.
How Much Of The Iopar SR 250 mg (Acetazolamide) to Be Used?
Iopar SR 250 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Iopar SR 250 mg.
How To Take The Iopar SR 250 mg (Acetazolamide)?
Iopar SR 250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly probably with or without food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing and crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Iopar SR 250 mg (Acetazolamide)?
You are always advised to take Iopar SR 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
Always contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the symptoms of an overdose. In case of emergency, seek nearby medical care.
You should try to take every dose of Iopar SR 250 mg at a fixed time regularly. And if you miss any dose on time then try to take it as soon as possible but if it is the time for the next dose skip the miss one and take only one dose of that time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Iopar SR 250 mg (Acetazolamide)?
- Hearing dysfunction
- Loss of appetite
- Taste alteration
- Metabolic acidosis
- Electrolyte imbalance
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Iopar SR 250 mg can interact with some medicines taken parallel to it. These interactions may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always inform your doctor if you are on other Medication, Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It usually interacts with the following medicines:
- Salicylic Acid
Warning And Precaution:
Iopar SR 250 mg is contraindicated in some conditions; hence it should be used cautiously in:
- Patients receiving concomitant high-dose of aspirin and Acetazolamide
- Pulmonary obstruction
- Hyperchloremic acidosis
- Suprarenal Gland Failure
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney Dysfunctioning
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dose adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you have any confusion regarding dose, time and strength of the Capsule.
Iopar SR 250 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this capsule before completion of the course.
Store the Iopar SR 250 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Be sure that the strips of the capsules should be intact and are not damaged.