Irovel 150 Mg
US Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan)
What Is The Generic Name For Irovel 150 Mg?
Irbesartan is the generic version for Irovel 150 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan)?
About Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan)
Irovel 150 mg contains an active ingredient, Irbesartan, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure and available at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Irovel 150 mg.
Irovel 150 mg contains an active ingredient, Irbesartan, 50 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan)?
Irovel 150 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- It also lowers the risk of Heart attack and Stroke
How Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan) Works?
Irovel 150 mg has an active ingredient, Irbesartan which is an angiotensin receptor blocker and relaxes blood vessels which lower the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart.
Before You Use Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Irbesartan
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving as it may cause Dizziness
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan)?
You should not take Irovel 150 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Liver/Kidney Ailments
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Diabetes
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease
Irovel 150 mg contains an active ingredient, Irbesartan, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. Irovel 150 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should ask your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Irovel 150 mg at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. This should not be given to children below age 6 years/ Pregnant Population.
How Much Of The Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan) to Be Used?
Irovel 150 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Irovel 150 mg.
How To Take The Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan)?
Irovel 150 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly with or without food or as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Avoid chewing and crushing.
You should avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods like banana and broccoli
For How Long Should You Continue Using Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan)?
You are always advised to take Irovel 150 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Always contact your doctor immediately if you ever suspect symptoms of an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Irovel 150 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Irovel 150 mg must be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Irovel 150 Mg (Irbesartan)?
- Increased potassium levels
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
- Difficulty in breathing
- Orthostatic Hypotension
- Increased heartbeat
- Skin Rash
- Dark-colored urine
- Stomach pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Irovel 150 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors (ACEI's)
- Potassium Sparing Diuretics
It also interacts with the following diseased conditions:
- Congestive Heart Failure
Warning And Precaution:
Irovel 150 mg can worsen a few conditions if not treated with care. These are:
- Impaired Liver Function
- Heart Problems
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dose adjustment when you are suffering from all these conditions
Things To Remember:
- Regular Exercise and Proper Diet is necessary
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Irovel 150 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses in time for a persistent effect.
Store the Irovel 150 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.