Itaspor 200 Mg
USA Brand Name
Intas Pharmaceuticals, India
Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Itaspor 200 Mg?
Itraconazole is the generic version for Itaspor 200 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole)?
About Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole)
Itaspor 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Itraconazole, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections. You can check its availability at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Intas Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Itaspor 200 mg.
Itaspor 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Itraconazole, 150 mg per tablet. It may be available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole)?
Itaspor 200 mg is used in the treatment of fungal and yeast infections like:
- Oropharyngeal Candidiasis
- Esophageal Candidiasis
- Cryptococcal Meningitis
- Vaginal Candidiasis
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Prophylaxis of Infections in Special Population
How Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole) Works?
Itaspor 200 mg is an antibiotic which has Itraconazole, as an active ingredient that stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
Before You Use Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole)?
You should not take Itaspor 200 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have severe allergic reactions such as red and itchy skin rash, difficulty breathing, unexplained fever, and swelling of face, mouth, lips or eyelids
- Have pain in passing urine or if it smells bad
- Have any other Infection or Inflammation
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Loss of Hearing/Hearing disturbances/blurred or double vision or sensitivity to light or inability to control urine or increased urination or diarrhea
- Are suffering from HIV/ AIDS, or any other immune disease
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Itaspor 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Itraconazole, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Itaspor 200 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with food. It is not recommended in pregnancy and lactation until necessary.
How Much Of The Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole) to Be Used?
Itaspor 200 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Itaspor 200 mg.
How To Take The Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole)?
Itaspor 200 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with food. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing/crushing it.
If you are taking antacid then take it before or after 1 hour of taking the Itraconazole.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Itaspor 200 Mg?
You are always advised to take Itaspor 200 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended.
You must contact your doctor immediately if you suspect the symptoms of an Overdose
You should try to take every dose of Itaspor 200 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Itaspor 200 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose and do not double it at the next dosing time to make up for the missed one.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Itaspor 200 Mg (Itraconazole)?
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Increased Liver enzymes
- Skin rash
- Dry Mouth/Increased Thirst
- Trouble Sleeping
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- Weight Gain
- Decreased urine Output
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Itaspor 200 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications. It interacts with the following medicine:
- QT interval-prolonging drugs
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- QT Prolongation
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Itaspor 200 mg is contraindicated or to be used very cautiously in:
- Liver Diseases
- QT Prolongation/Arrhythmia
- Hearing Loss
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment
Things To Remember:
- f you are using birth control pills then Itraconazole can make them less effective. You may consider another method (condoms, diaphragms) along with these pills.
- You must contact your doctor if symptoms are not relieved even after using it for one week.
- You should have regular tests for Kidney and liver functions
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you have any confusion regarding the dose, time and strength of your medication
Itaspor 200 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Itaspor 200 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.