Izra 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Unichem Laboratories, India
Izra 40 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)
What Is The Generic Name For Izra 40 Mg?
Esomeprazole Magnesium is the generic version for Izra 40 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Izra 40 Mg?
About Izra 40 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)
Izra 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Esomeprazole Magnesium, a Proton Pump Inhibitor which is used in the treatment of Stomach Ulcers, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disorders, etc. and widely available at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Unichem Laboratories (India) is a leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Izra 40 mg.
Izra 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Esomeprazole Magnesium, 40 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Izra 40 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)?
Izra 40 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Stomach Ulcers
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Other forms of Ulcers
How Izra 40 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium) Works?
Izra 40 mg has an active ingredient, Esomeprazole Magnesium, a proton pump Inhibitor which basically reduces the amount of acid in the stomach which further helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn
Before You Use Izra 40 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Esomeprazole Magnesium
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Izra 40 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Izra 40 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)?
You should avoid Izra 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Osteoporosis
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Are suffering from Osteoporosis
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/ Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Izra 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Esomeprazole Magnesium, which is used in the treatment of all types of Ulcer and Acidity disease and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Izra 40 mg is well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time but you should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Izra 40 mg at a fixed time, 1 hour prior to the meal.
How Much Of The Izra 40 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Izra 40 mg. It is advisable to take Calcium and Magnesium Supplements while taking this medicine.
How To Take The Izra 40 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)?
Izra 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time 1hour before the meal as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Izra 40 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)?
You are always advised to take Izra 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the Overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Izra 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Izra 40 Mg?
- Stomach Pain
- Skin Rashes
- Swelling and Redness at the Injection Site
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Swelling of Face, Lips, Eyelids, Tongue, Hands, and Feet
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Severe Diarrhea
- Decreased Appetite
- Unusual Tiredness and Weakness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Izra 40 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
- It also interacts with Neuroendocrine Tumor Diagnosis:
- If you are taking Izra 40 MG Tablet then report to the doctor before undergoing the neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumor test. This medicine may give a false-positive result for this diagnostic test.
Warning And Precaution:
Izra 40 mg should be used cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Stomach Disorders
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Bone Fracture (caused due to reduced Calcium Levels in the body)
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women/Breastfeeding Mothers
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Magnesium Levels and Kidney Function regularly
- Take Calcium supplements or syrups while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any confusion regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Take Izra 40 mg empty stomach regularly at a fixed time.
Store the Izra 40 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.