Kemoplat 50 Mg/50 ml
US Brand Name
Fresenius Kabi, India
Kemoplat 50 Mg (50 Ml) (Cisplatin)
What Is The Generic Name For Kemoplat:
Cisplatin is the generic version for Kemoplat
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Kemoplat 50 mg (Cisplatin):
About Kemoplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
Kemoplat 50 mg contains an anti-cancer agent, Cisplatin 50 mg per vial for injection which is used in the treatment of various cancers of Bladder and reproductive organs. This injection must be administered by a doctor or a nurse but you can buy it from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores if you have a doctor’s prescription.
One of the top leading companies, Fresenius Kabi (India) is manufacturing Kemoplat 50 mg.
Kemoplat 50 mg contains Cisplatin 50 mg per 50 ml of the vial for injection. Cisplatin may also be available in various other substitutes at the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Kemoplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
Kemoplat 50 mg is used to treat:
- Cancers of Bladder
- Cancer of Male and Female Reproductive organs
How Kemoplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin) Works:
Kemoplat 50 mg containing Cisplatin, an anti-cancer drug that inhibits DNA synthesis, denatures strands of DNA, disrupts DNA function, produces DNA intrastrand cross-linking and breaks it. Thus, it kills cancer cells.
Before You Use Kemoplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- You have informed the doctor about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Kemoplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Kemoplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
You should avoid Kemoplat 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have severe Kidney or Liver Diseases
- Have urinary Problems
- Have Severe Infections
- Have gastrointestinal disease or inflammation of the large intestine
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Have Asthma, gastrointestinal disease, seizures, any brain disease, etc.
- Have any other Infection or Disease
- Have blood cell Disorders and bone marrow suppression
- Have mineral imbalance
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Kemoplat 50 mg contains Cisplatin, an anti-cancerous agent as an active moiety acting on certain types of cancerous growth and also available in various substitutes at all the online pharmacy stores, Drug stores, and medical supply stores. It must be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the injection as the age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Kemoplat 50 mg at a fixed time and must be injected by a doctor or a nurse only. Do not self administer the drug. It is not recommended for infants and pregnant/ breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Kemoplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin) to Be Used:
Though Cisplatin is available in various Strengths and other substitutes patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to buy Kemoplat 50 mg and dose which is to give is depending upon the severity of the infection which must be administered by doctor or nurse only.
How To Take The Kemoplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin):
Kemoplat 50 mg is available in a vial for injection, and to be filled carefully in a syringe which should be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Do not self administer the injection.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Kemoplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin)
You are always advised to take Kemoplat 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended but they should complete the course and follow all the instructions of their doctors.
Contact your doctor immediately or reach a nearby medical facility for prompt action if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like Skin Rashes, allergy, Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea, Fever, Severe Pain, etc.
A missed dose of Kemoplat 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember that too after consulting with your doctor. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Kemoplat 50 Mg (Cisplatin)
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Fast heartbeat
- Muscle pain
- Shaking of hands or feet
- Skin rash
- Decrease in libido
- Increased urination frequency
- Stomach pain
- Pain at the injection site
- Lower back pain
- Fever or chills
- Joint pain
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Swelling of feet and lower legs
- Loss of taste
- Convulsions/ Seizures
- Sour mouth
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Kemoplat may interact with other medicines, which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Hence, always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live vaccines
Warning And Precaution:
Kemoplat 50 mg should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy to any of its contents
- Hearing Impairment/ Ototoxicity
- Anaphylactic Reactions like Facial Edema, Tachycardia, Bronchoconstriction, Hypotension, etc.
- Blood Cell Counts
- Impaired kidney/ Liver function
- Consult your doctor for dosage adjustment and effective treatment if you have the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Keep monitoring Kidney/Liver and Blood Cell counts while taking this medicine
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Injection to be taken.
- Do not stop taking Kemoplat 50 mg on your own in between the course or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
- Do not self administer the injection, always take the help of a medical practitioner or let your doctor do it.
Store the Kemoplat 50 mg injection at a cool temperature in a clean, dark and dry place. Make sure that the injection is not damaged or leaked.