Kenacort Cream 0.1% (5 Gm)
USA Brand Name
Kenacort Cream 0.1% 5 gm (Triamcinolone Acetonide)
What Is The Generic Name Of Kenacort 0.1%?
Triamcinolone Acetonide is the generic version of Kenacort Cream 0.1%
USA Brands Equivalent To Kenacort Cream 0.1%:
About Kenacort Cream 0.1% 5 gm (Triamcinolone Acetonide):
Kenacort Cream 0.1% w/w is having Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% w/w, synthetic Corticosteroid which is used in the treatment of Mouth Ulcers (Sore Mouth), Allergies, and Inflammation. You can find it at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Abbott is one of the top leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Kenacort Cream 0.1%.
Strength Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide):
This cream contains the active ingredient, Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% w/w. It should be noted that this medicine may be available in various strengths.
Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide) Is Used For The Treatment Of:
It is used in the treatment of:
- Mouth Ulcers
- Allergies of The Skin
- Diffuse Posterior Choroiditis
- Anterior Segment Inflammation
- Corneal Marginal Allergic Ulcers
How Kenacort Cream 0.1% 5 (Triamcinolone Acetonide) Works?
Kenacort Cream 0.1% having active ingredient Triamcinolone Acetonide, basically works by reducing the inflammation, Ulcers and infection.
Before You Use Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide):
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide)?
You should avoid using the Cream if you:
- Are Allergic/Hypersensitive to it
- Are on Chemotherapy
- Are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding and it is affecting your condition
- If your skin is accidentally injured, has cuts and scrapes.
- Have any other serious disease.
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are allergic to Kenacort Cream 0.1%
- Are taking any other medicines for any Disease or Disorder
- Are feeling its Side Effects like Fatigue, Insomnia, Allergy, mood Changes, etc.
- Are using some Skin Products and Herbal Products
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive or breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Accidentally swallowed it
- Have Skin injuries, bruises, chapped and dry skin, and have open wounds
- Have any Pre-existing Skin Disease, or any Surgery
Kenacort Cream 0.1% 5 gm (Triamcinolone Acetonide) is available in various strengths and as different doses at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store.
How Much Of Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide) Should Be Applied?
Recommended Dosage: Take pea size cream on your finger and apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected area once/twice a day as suggested by your doctor.
How To Apply Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide)?
Here are the basic and easy steps to use the cream:
- You should wash and dry your hands and the affected area properly prior to the cream application
- Wait for few minutes until dry
- Take a pea size cream on your fingertip and apply it by rubbing gently over the affected area (avoid applying near eyes, mouth, nose and inner ear).
- Clean your hands carefully after applying
- If it is to be used in mouth Ulcers or other internal application then you must follow the instructions as your doctor advised you.
- Spit out thoroughly after some time with the help of water is applied orally. Do not swallow it.
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide)?
You should use this cream for as long as directed by your physician. Moreover, its effects usually become noticeable (2-3 days to weeks)
Overdose Of Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide)?
- Excessive cream application topically results only in the pilling of the cream but it can severe effects if it is used orally.
- It shows its effect on time and applying too much of it will not accelerate the healing process.
Missed Dose Of Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide)?
A missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular routine. Do not apply multiple doses at the same time.
Side Effects Of Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide):
The side effects of Kenacort Cream 0.1% include:
- Mood Changes
- Uneven Heartbeats
- Blurred Vision
- Weight Gain
Drugs Interact With Kenacort Cream 0.1% (Triamcinolone Acetonide):
- Using other drugs, herbal supplements, over the counter drugs, or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of Kenacort Cream 0.1%. It may cause either an allergic reaction or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your cream. Drugs that are known to interact with Kenacort Cream 0.1% are mentioned below:
- Chemotherapy Agents
- Other Topical Medication
- You must inform the doctor about all the medicines you are already taking and always follow the instructions.
Kenacort Cream 0.1% 5 gm should not be used in
- Hypersensitive conditions
- Sunburnt Skin
- Open wounds and Injured Skin
Warning And Precautions:
- Special care should be taken when this medication is used in pediatric patients as they have a greater susceptibility to corticosteroid-induced Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Suppression and Cushing's Syndrome.
- If skin irritation or allergy persists then stop using the cream and consult your doctor.
- Never use the expired product.
- Always keep the cream in proper conditions and out of the reach of children.
Things To Remember:
- Read the insert of the tube thoroughly.
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor.
How To Store Kenacort Cream 0.1% 5 Gm (Triamcinolone Acetonide)?
Keep the tube in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration