Ketasma 1 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate)
What Is The Generic Name For Ketasma 1 Mg?
Ketotifen Fumarate is the generic version for Ketasma 1 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate)?
About Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate)
Ketasma 1 mg contains an active ingredient, Ketotifen Fumarate, which is used in the treatment of Conjunctivitis and Asthma. Ketasma 1 mg is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Ketasma 1 mg.
Ketasma 1 mg contains an active ingredient, Ketotifen Fumarate, 1 mg per tablet. Its availability is in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate)?
Ketasma 1 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate) Works?
Ketasma 1 mg has Ketotifen Fumarate, as an active ingredient that blocks the release of certain chemical messengers which causes inflammation, spasm of muscles of the airway and other symptoms of allergic reactions.
Before You Use Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate)?
- Make sure that you do not have allergy from Ketotifen Fumarate
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your complete medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Ketasma 1 Mg?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid alcohol
- You should avoid all the Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate)?
- You should not take Ketasma 1 mg if you:
- Have hypersensitivity
- Have Depression or taking sedatives or antidepressants
- Have taken alcohol, it can worsen the side effects
- Are pregnant/breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Have severe kidney/Liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Have any brain Disorders
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive/Breastfeeding
- Are taking any tranquilizers or sedatives or antidepressants
- Having any other disease or taking any other medicine.
- You must tell your doctor about all the diseases and medications you are taking to get the best and safe treatment.
Ketasma 1 mg contains Ketotifen Fumarate, which is used in the treatment of conjunctivitis and Asthma. It is available in various strengths and substitutes to prevent allergic reactions. You should always consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the allergy can be judged by your doctor only. You can take the medicine with food preferably at bedtime.
It is available in eye drops also, if you are using contact lenses then remove the lenses to instill the eye drop and wait for 15 min to reuse lenses. Also, give 5 minutes time in between the doses of two eye drops.
Extreme care should be taken in the case of infants (0-1 year) and children (>1 year). The lower possible dose which will be sufficient to produce a therapeutic effect should be given to them.
How Much Of The Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Ketasma 1 mg.
How To Take The Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate):
Ketasma 1 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with food preferably at bedtime. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing and crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate)?
You are always advised to take Ketasma 1 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Do not take Ketasma 1 mg in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
You should contact your doctor if you are suspecting the symptoms of overdose.
Try to take every dose of Ketasma 1 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Ketasma 1 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose at the next dosage time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Ketasma 1 Mg (Ketotifen Fumarate)?
- Skin rashes
- Allergic Reaction
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Blurred Vision
- Dry Eye
- Eye Discharge
- Eyelid Disorder
- Sore throat
- Eye Pain and Irritation
- Cough/Running Nose
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Ketasma 1 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Alcohol may impair the thinking and judgment capability of the brain and can cause extreme drowsiness and sleepiness.
Warning And Precaution:
- Ketasma 1 mg can cause mild to severe CNS Depression
- Alcohol should be avoided
- It should be used cautiously:
- In Infants (under 6 months)
- Old Age Population
- With Sedatives and Tranquilizers
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Ketasma 1 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Ketasma 1 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.