Klox D 500 Mg
USA Brand Name
Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin)
What Is The Generic Name For Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin)
Dicloxacillin is the generic version for Klox D
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Klox D 500 mg (Dicloxacillin)
About Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin)
Klox D 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Dicloxacillin 500 mg, which is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue, blood, lungs and post surgical infections. It is a penicillin type prescription based drug and you may buy it from any of the leading online drugstores, pharmacy stores, and medical supply stores
Hetero Drugs (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Klox D 500 mg.
Klox D 500 mg is a penicillin type drug which contains an active ingredient, Dicloxacillin 500 mg per tablet which may be available in the various other strengths at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, medical supply stores, and drugstores. There are many substitutes which are available in the market.
What Are The Uses Of The Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin)
Klox D 500 mg is used in various bacterial Infections like:
- Skin and Soft tissue Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Respiratory Tract Infections
How Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin) Works
Klox D 500 mg (Dicloxacillin) is a penicillin type antibiotic which basically kills the bacteria and prevents them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Before You Use Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin)
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Dicloxacillin or any penicillin containing drugs
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, all Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin)
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid Klox D 500 mg with dietary sodium
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin)
You should not take Klox D 500 mg if you:
- Have severe Diarrhea or Bloody Stool after using it
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Kidney and Liver Disease
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have any allergy with it or with any of penicillin based salts
- Get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Klox D 500 mg is a oral dosage form which has an active ingredient, Dicloxacillin 50 mg, used in the treatment of various bacterial infections and can be found in various strengths and substitutes. Consult with your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Klox D 500 mg at a fixed time with food to avoid stomach Upset. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. You are always advised to complete the course of medicine even if you are getting better. It should be used carefully in the patients as it may cause Allergic Reactions and other side effects.
How Much Of The Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin) to Be Used
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions to take Klox D 500 mg. Dose are directly dependent on severity of the infection in the patient which can be advised by a doctor. Generally, it is given twice a day in case of this dose.
How To Take The Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin)
Klox D 500 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with food to avoid stomach upset. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin)
You are always advised to take Klox D 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended but complete the course for better effects. Also, do not discontinue in between the course if you are feeling better.
Contact your doctor immediately or reach to nearby medical center if you are suspecting the overdose Symptoms like Allergic reactions, Breathing difficulty, itchy skin, swelling of face, etc.
A missed dose of Klox D 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Klox D 500 Mg (Dicloxacillin)
- Skin Rash
- Swelling of Face and Mouth
- Difficulty in Breathing/ Shortness of Breath
- Abdominal Pain
- Bone Marrow Depression
- Change in taste
What Are The Common Drug Interactions
Klox D 500 mg may interact with the other medicine you are taking simultaneously that can produce some side/ adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Thus, always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other OTC Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Blood Thinners like Warfarin
Interaction with lab test:
- Blood test
Warning And Precaution
Klox D 500 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired kidney function
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Drug Resistance
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Kidney Disease
- Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population
- Do not forget to discuss with your doctor for best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember
- Consult your doctor if you have any confusion related to the dose, time, and the strength of the Capsule.
- You may have Diarrhea as a side effect and it will get over as soon as you will finish your treatment but if it doesn’t stop or if you suffered from bloody diarrhea then discuss it with your doctor to resolve the issue.
Finish the antibiotic course without stopping in between. Also, do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Klox D 500 mg capsules at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the capsules should be intact and not damaged.
Keep out of reach and sight of the children.