Korandil 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil)
What Is The Generic Name For Korandil 10 Mg?
Nicorandil is the generic version for Korandil 10 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Korandil 10 mg (Nicorandil)?
About Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil):
Korandil 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Nicorandil 6.5 mg, which prevents Chest Pain (Angina). You can find Korandil 10 mg from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Korandil 10 mg.
Korandil 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Nicorandil, 10 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil)?
- Korandil 10 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Angina Pectoris
How Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil) Works?
Korandil 10 mg has Nicorandil, which basically reduces the workload of the heart. Thus, the heart muscle does not need as much blood and oxygen supply which reduces the frequency and severity of angina attacks.
Before You Use Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Nicorandil
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil)?
You should avoid Korandil 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have gone through any surgical procedure
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have other Heart Diseases
- Have Brain Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
- Always tell your doctor about every pre-existing disease or medication you are already taking for better results of medicines like improvement in symptoms and the presence of side effects.
Korandil 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Nicorandil, which is used for the prevention of Chest pain. Korandil 10 mg is available in various strengths, substitutes, and forms like sublingual tablets, patches, sprays, injections and should be given by prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Korandil 10 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for the Children.
How Much Of The Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Korandil 10 mg.
How To Take The Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil)?
Korandil 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
Avoid taking Potassium-rich food like Broccoli and banana as it raises potassium levels in the blood.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil)?
You are always advised to take Korandil 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician immediately if you suspect an Overdose symptom.
A missed dose of Korandil 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Korandil 10 Mg (Nicorandil)?
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Increase in the potassium levels
- Watery eyes
- Gastric Ulcer
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dizziness and Drowsiness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Korandil 10 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE) Inhibitors
Warning And Precaution:
Korandil 10 mg should not be given or used very cautiously in:
- Ulcerations (including Skin, Conjunctiva, Cornea, and the Gastrointestinal Tract)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the diseased conditions.
Things To Remember:
- It is also used in patients who cannot take other cardiovascular drugs like beta-blockers and for patients in whom the pain is not adequately controlled by other agents.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any confusion regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Korandil 10 mg suddenly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Korandil 10 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the capsules should be intact and not damaged.