Lamivir 100 Mg
US Brand Name
Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine)
What Is The Generic Name For Lamivir 100 Mg?
Lamivudine is the generic version for Lamivir 100 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine)?
About Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine)
Lamivir 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Lamivudine, which is antiviral and used in the treatment of HIV and Hepatitis B virus Infections. It is usually available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Lamivir 100 mg.
Lamivir 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Lamivudine, 100 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine)?
Lamivir 100 mg is used in the treatment of:
- HIV/AIDS Infection
- HBV Infection
How Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine) Works?
Lamivir 100 mg is an antiviral drug which has Lamivudine, as an active ingredient. It basically prevents the Multiplication of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) which in turn stops HIV to produce more viruses.
Before You Use Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine):
- Make sure that you are not Allergic to Lamivudine
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, and medicines)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should not take medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine)?
You should not take Lamivir 100 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have hypersensitivity to it
- Have noticed signs of distribution of fat (lipodystrophy), erosion of bones (osteonecrosis), or inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis) while taking this medicine
- Have Diabetes and using Insulin
- Have any Heart Problem or Infection
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Lamivir 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Lamivudine, which is used in the treatment of HIV/AIDS and HBV Infection. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only. Dose adjustments should be done very carefully for adults, young, pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers.
Adults are advised to take Lamivir 100 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with or without the meal. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine) to Be Used?
Lamivir 100 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lamivir 100 mg.
How To Take The Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine)?
Lamivir 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lamivir 100 Mg?
You are always advised to take Lamivir 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Strictly follow the instructions given by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Lamivir 100 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Lamivir 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lamivir 100 Mg (Lamivudine)?
- Ear, Nose or Throat Infection
- Chills and Fever
- Sore Throat
- Muscle pain
- Weight loss
- Loss of Appetite
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Lamivir 100 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications. It interacts with the following medicine:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Renal Dysfunction
Warning And Precaution:
Lamivir 100 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Lactic acidosis and severe Hepatomegaly with Steatosis (including fatal cases) have been reported with the use of Lamivir 100 mg. hence it should be used cautiously
- If you are on Lamivir 100 mg therapy it is important to use an effective non-hormonal method of contraception so that a pregnancy can be avoided.
- Use with caution in pediatric patients with a history of pancreatitis or with signs of Pancreatitis
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and to prevent spreading of HIV
Things To Remember:
- Monitoring of liver function and kidney function are necessary while receiving this medicine
- You should be ensured that proper hygiene measures have been taken during the Infection
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Lamivir 100 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Lamivir 100 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.