Lanoxin 0.25 Mg
USA Brand Name
Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin)
What Is The Generic Name For Lanoxin 0.25 Mg:
Digoxin is the generic version for Lanoxin 0.25 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Lanoxin 0.25 mg (Digoxin)?
About Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin):
Lanoxin 0.25 mg contains an active ingredient, Digoxin, is used in the treatment of Heart Failure and Arrhythmia. You may get it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Glaxo SmithKline (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Lanoxin 0.25 mg.
Lanoxin 0.25 mg contains an active ingredient, Digoxin, 0.25 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin)?
Lanoxin 0.25 mg is used in:
- Heart Failure
- Atrial Fibrillation
How Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin) Works?
Lanoxin 0.25 mg has an active ingredient, Digoxin which makes the heart pump blood with more strength and force. Thus, increases blood circulation throughout the body.
Before You Use Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Digoxin
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking it with high fibre food like Brown Bread, Fruit, Vegetables and Pulses
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin)?
You should avoid Lanoxin 0.25 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have severe Kidney or Liver Disease
- Have other Heart Disorders
- Have gone through any Surgical Procedure
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Diabetes
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Lanoxin 0.25 mg contains an active ingredient, Digoxin, which is used in the treatment of Increased Cholesterol, Increased Triglycerides, and Increased LDL levels. Lanoxin 0.25 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Lanoxin 0.25 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. It is not recommended for use in children less than 10 years of age. It should be given in smaller dose in initial treatment, increasing it gradually according to the condition.
How Much Of The Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lanoxin 0.25 mg.
How To Take The Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin)?
Lanoxin 0.25 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin)?
You are always advised to take Lanoxin 0.25 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose symptom.
A missed dose of Lanoxin 0.25 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lanoxin 0.25 Mg (Digoxin)?
- Irregular heartbeat
- Stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Loss of appetite
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Lanoxin 0.25 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Calcium Gluconate
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Bradyarrhythmia/AV Block
Warning And Precaution:
Lanoxin 0.25 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Digoxin Toxicity
- Sinus Bradycardia/Sinoatrial Block
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the diseased conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should take plenty of fluids when taking this medicine.
- Close monitoring of blood pressure (BP) and heart rate is important. Also, check the electrolytes levels before the treatment.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Lanoxin 0.25 mg suddenly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Lanoxin 0.25 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.