Lariago 500 Mg
US Brand Name
IPCA Laboratories, India
Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine)
What Is The Generic Name For Lariago 500 Mg?
Chloroquine is the generic version for Lariago 500 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine)?
About Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine)
Lariago 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Chloroquine, which is used in the treatment of Malaria and available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
IPCA Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Lariago 500 mg.
Lariago 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Chloroquine, 500 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine)?
Lariago 500 mg is used in the treatment and prophylaxis of:
How Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine) Works?
Lariago 500 mg has an active antimalarial ingredient, Chloroquine. It is basically a weak base that reaches high concentration within the malarial parasite and causes accumulation of toxic heme pigment, which kills the parasite.
Before You Use Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Chloroquine
- You are not suffering from Chickenpox, Measles and other communicable Disease
- You are not having Eye Disease
- You do not have Liver/Kidney/Thyroid problems
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving as it may impair your thinking and reactions
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine)?
You should not take Lariago 500 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed Hypersensitivity to Chloroquine
- Have Eye Disease
- Have severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have mental Disorders
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Mental Disorders
- Have any Blood Disorders
- Have G6PD Deficiency as it may cause hemolysis
- Have Eye Problems
- Muscles Weakness (Myasthenia Gravis)
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Experience rashes with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms after taking Chloroquine
Lariago 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Chloroquine, which is used in the treatment of Malaria. It is easily available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only. You should avoid high dosage for a long time as it may cause Blood Disorders and Blurred Vision or other serious effects.
Patients are advised to take Lariago 500 mg at a fixed time with the food or with milk to reduce stomach upset problems.
How Much Of The Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine) to Be Used?
Lariago 500 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lariago 500 mg.
How To Take The Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine)?
Lariago 500 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food or milk.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lariago 500 Mg?
You are always advised to take Lariago 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Lariago 500 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Lariago 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lariago 500 Mg (Chloroquine)?
- Abdominal pain
- Mood changes
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of appetite
- Hair loss
- Itching and Rashes
- Hearing disorder
- Blurred vision
- Visual disturbance
- Altered heart rate
- Photopsia (presence of perceived flashes of light)
- Eye disorder
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Lariago 500 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications or taking any supplements. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Lariago 500 mg also interacts with Oculotoxicity.
Warning And Precaution:
Lariago 500 mg may worsen the conditions like:
- Prolongation of QT interval causing Arrhythmias
- Eye Disorders
- Blood Disorders
- Hearing Problems
- Impair Liver Function
- You should always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment.
Things To Remember:
- Do not forget to monitor your Liver Function and complete blood cells count.
- You should have a regular checkup for Eyesight or Vision Problems.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should be strictly avoided in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females.
- Lariago 500 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not continue for a longer time than prescribed as it may lead to Visual and Blood Disorders.
Store the Lariago 500 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged.