Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg
USA Brand Name
Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg (Fluvastatin)
What Is The Generic Name For Lescol Tablet XL:
Fluvastatin is the generic version for Lescol Tablet XL
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg (Fluvastatin):
About Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg (Fluvastatin):
Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg contains an active ingredient, Fluvastatin, a medicine that is used for the treatment of increased cholesterol, and increased triglycerides. You may buy this lipid-lowering prescription-only drug from any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Novartis (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufactures Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg.
Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg contains an active ingredient, Fluvastatin, 80 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg (Fluvastatin):
Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg is used in:
- Type III Hyperlipoproteinemia
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Prevention of Heart Stroke
How Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg (Fluvastatin) Works:
Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg has an active ingredient, Fluvastatin, a statin. It basically works by blocking an enzyme, HMG-CoA-reductase which is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides and raises good cholesterol (HDL).
Before You Use Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg (Fluvastatin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Fluvastatin
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg:
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg (Fluvastatin):
You should avoid Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have muscle weakness/cramps, muscle pain, tiredness or dark-colored urine while taking Fluvastatin
- Have Jaundice and Fever
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Diabetes as it may raise Blood Sugar Levels
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg contains an active ingredient, Fluvastatin, used in the treatment of increased cholesterol, increased triglycerides, and increased LDL levels. Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is a safe drug and used in reducing the amount of cholesterol in patients between 10 to 17 years of age suffering from hypercholesterolemia (a genetic disorder). It should be avoided in children below 6 years.
How Much Of The Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg (Fluvastatin) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg.
How To Take The Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg (Fluvastatin):
Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with food to avoid stomach upset to prevent Diarrhea or gas problems. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it in the evening.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg (Fluvastatin):
You are always advised to take Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor or reach a nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like Diarrhea, weakness, etc.
A missed dose of Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lescol Tablet XL 80 Mg (Fluvastatin):
Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) Pain
- Allergic reaction
- Increased Liver Enzymes
- Increased Creatine PhosphoKinase (CPK) level in the blood
- Dark Urine
- The increased glucose level in the blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver disease
- Cognitive impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Myopathy and Rhabdomyolysis
- Alcohol consumption
- Cognitive Impairment
- Pediatric Population (below 6 years)
- It must be used cautiously Pregnant/Breastfeeding women as it may cause birth defects or can be fatal to your newly born baby
- Consult your doctor for the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and a low-fat diet schedule for better effects of the medicine.
- Keep monitoring your Liver/Kidney enzyme function and also Blood Glucose Levels
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt in case of dose, time, and strength of the Tablets
Do not stop taking Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician. It may harm you in the opposite way so, always take pre-decided dosage and follow your doctor’s instructions.
Store the Lescol Tablet XL 80 mg at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure the package of the tablets should not be damaged.