Levipil 500 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam)
What Is The Generic Name For Levipil 500 Mg?
Levetiracetam is the generic version for Levipil 500 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam)?
About Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam)
Levipil 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Levetiracetam, which is used to treat seizures in adults and children and is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Levipil 500 mg.
Levipil 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Levetiracetam, 500 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam)?
Levipil 500 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam) Works?
Levipil 500 mg has an active ingredient, Levetiracetam, which is an anticonvulsant/antiepileptic. It basically works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Levetiracetam
- You are not having any serious Disease
- You do not have Liver/Kidney/Thyroid problems
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving
- Avoid standing up suddenly from a sitting or lying position
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam)?
You should not take Levipil 500 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have other Mental Disorders
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Mental Disorders
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Levipil 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Levetiracetam, which is used in the treatment of Epilepsy and Seizures. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Levipil 500 mg at a fixed time with or without the food as instructed by your Doctor. Try to take it regularly by time for better effects.
How Much Of The Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam) to Be Used?
Levipil 500 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Levipil 500 mg.
How To Take The Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam)?
Levipil 500 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food or without food. Levipil 500 mg is preferably taken regularly once daily.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Levipil 500 Mg?
You are always advised to take Levipil 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. Do not stop the treatment abruptly as it may cause withdrawal effects.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Levipil 500 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Levipil 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Levipil 500 Mg (Levetiracetam)?
- Aggression or anger
- Loss of appetite
- Mood swings
- Double vision
- Muscle and Body pain
- Skin Rashes
- Change in skin color
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Levipil 500 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications or Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Levipil 500 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Suicidal Tendency of a Person
- Low Blood Cell Count
- Kidney Disease/ Liver Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment when you are suffering from all these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep monitoring your whole Blood Cell Count and Kidney Functions
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Levipil 500 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take this tablet for a shorter or longer time than prescribed by the Doctor.
Store the Levipil 500 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged.