Levoflox 500 Mg
USA Brand Name
Levoflox-500 is marketed globally by Cipla and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Levoflox-500 is Levofloxacin. It is used to treat and prevent bacterial infections.
Manufacturer of Levoflox-500
Levoflox-500, that contains 500 mg of levofloxacin, is manufactured by Cipla and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
Levoflox-500 contains 500 mg of levofloxacin.
USA Brands Equivalent To Levofloxacin, The Salt In Levoflox-500
Uses Of Levofloxacin, The Salt In Levoflox-500
Levofloxacin is used in the treatment of:
- Acute Bacterial Rhinosinusitis: It is an infection of the paranasal sinuses caused by bacteria. Most common symptoms include a feeling of pain and pressure on face, purulent drainage, congestion, and fever.
- Anthrax: It is an infection caused by the bacterium Bacillus anthracis and it can occur in four forms: skin, inhalation, intestinal and injection respectively.
- Chronic Bronchitis: It is a type of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in which there is inflammation in the bronchial tubes which results in coughing and breathing difficulty.
- Plague: It is an infectious disease that is caused by the bacterium Yersinia Pestis. Plague can be spread in the air, by direct contact, or very rarely by contaminated or undercooked food.
- Pneumonia: It is an inflammation of the lung which affects mainly the microscopic air sacs known as alveoli.
- Prostatitis: It is an infection/inflammation of the prostate which can affect men of all ages.
- Urinary tract infection: It is an infection of the urinary tract caused by bacteria.
How Levoflox-500 Works?
The drug acts by inhibiting DNA-gyrase in susceptible organisms, and relaxation of supercoiled DNA and promotes the breakage of double-stranded DNA.
How To Take Levoflox-500?
- Use this drug as advised by your doctor. Read all the information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take this drug at the same time of the day.
- Can be taken with or without food.
- Take with a glass full of water.
- Do not take this drug along with dairy products, like milk or yogurt, or calcium-rich juices. This drug may be taken with a full meal if the meal has these products.
- Take this drug 2 hours before or 2 hours after consuming any antacids, didanosine, lanthanum, sucralfate, quinapril, bismuth, sevelamer, multivitamins, or other products that contain magnesium, calcium, aluminum, iron, or zinc.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Keep using this drug as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
Levofloxacin, the active salt present in Levoflox-500, is available as 250 mg, 500 mg and 750 mg tablets at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Levoflox-500?
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
Missed Dose Of Levoflox-500?
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drugs That Interact With Levofloxacin, The Salt Present In Levoflox-500
The following drugs are known to interact with Levofloxacin:
- Calcium Salts
- Iron Salts
- Magnesium Salts
- Zinc Salts
When Not To Take Levoflox-500?
- If you have an allergy to Levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs, food items or substances, tell your physician.
- If you have any of the following health problems: Long QTc on ECG, a heartbeat that is not normal, or low potassium/magnesium levels.
- If you have kidney problems.
- If you have heart failure (weak heart).
- If you have had a recent heart attack.
- If you have ever had any of the following health problems: nerve problems or tendon problems.
- If you have had tendons get irritated or torn when taking this drug or an alike drug in the past.
- If you have been taking any drugs to treat a heartbeat that is not normal.
- If you are taking any drugs that can cause a heartbeat that is not normal (prolonged QT interval). There are many drugs that can do this. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Do not take the drug for longer than you have been told to as there is a risk of a second infection.
- If you are breastfeeding or plan to breast-feed.
Side Effects Of Levoflox-500
The side effects of Levoflox include:
- An Allergic Reaction
- Signs of kidney problems like inability to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain
- Chest pain or pressure
- Feeling very tired or weak
- Shortness of breath
- Any unexplained bruising or bleeding
- Trouble walking
- Vaginal itching or discharge
- White patches in mouth
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- Ringing in the ears
- Muscle pain or weakness
Overdose Of Levofloxacin, The Salt Present In Levoflox-500
The possible effects of an overdose of Levofloxacin are:
- Kidney Damage
- Reduced Breathing
General Information And Precautions
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, inform your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor before you start taking any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
- If you suspect an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken.
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this drug. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Avoid driving and performing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how this drug affects you.
Has your blood work checked if you are on this drug for a long time?
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), you will need to watch your blood sugar closely.
- Tell your doctor if you have signs of high or low blood sugar like breath that smells like fruit, dizziness, fast breathing, fast heartbeat, feeling confused, feeling sleepy, feeling weak, flushing, headache, more thirsty or hungry, passing urine more often, shaking, or sweating.
- You may get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen and wear clothing and eyewear that protects you from the sun.
- If you are over the age of 60, use this drug with caution. You could have more side effects.
- Use with care in children less than 18 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.