Linox 600 Mg
USA Brand Name
Unichem Laboratories, India
Linox 600 Mg (Linezolid)
What Is The Generic Name For Linox 600 Mg?
Linezolid is the generic version for Linox 600 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Linox 600 Mg (Linezolid)?
About Linox 600 Mg (Linezolid)
Linox 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Linezolid, an antitubercular drug which is used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections of Lungs and Skin. It is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Unichem Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Linox 600 mg.
Linox 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Linezolid, 600 mg. You can find it in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Linox 600 Mg (Linezolid)?
Linox 600 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Bacterial Septicemia
- Skin and Structure Infection
How Linox 600 mg (Linezolid) Works?
Linox 600 mg has an antibiotic molecule, Linezolid which basically stops bacterial growth by inhibiting the synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Before You Use Linox 600 mg (Linezolid):
- Make sure that you do not take Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not take OTC medicines without prescriptions
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, or Medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Linox 600 mg (Linezolid)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid high amounts of Tyramine rich food like cheese, Smoked fish, meat, beer or soy sauce while taking Linox because it can raise your blood pressure to a dangerous level.
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Linox 600 mg (Linezolid)?
You should not take Linox 600 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed allergy to Bactericidal Antibiotics
- Have Eye Retinopathy or optic neuritis or other eye disorder/surgery
- Have flu and cold symptoms
- Have any Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are pregnant or conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have allergy to the Linezolid
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease/Heart Disease
- Have Flu and cold symptoms
- Have other allergies and Infections
- Are taking any Antidepressant medications
- Have Diabetic Retinopathy or optical neuritis or other eye disorder/surgery
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive/Breastfeeding
Linox 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Linezolid (200 mg), used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections. Linox 600 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given by prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Linox 600 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children below 3 years.
You may take it with food only to avoid stomach upset.
How Much Of The Linox 600 mg (Linezolid) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take the specified dose of Linox 600 mg.
How To Take The Linox 600 mg (Linezolid)?
Linox 600 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly probably with or without food. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing and crushing it in the mouth.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Linox 600 mg (Linezolid)?
You are always advised to take Linox 600 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer period than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an overdose. In case of emergency, seek nearby medical care.
You should try to take Linox 600 mg at a fixed time regularly without missing a dose. A missed dose can be taken as soon as you remember but skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Linox 600 mg (Linezolid)?
- Pale skin
- Skin rash
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Irregular heartbeat
- Change in taste
- Swelling and redness at the injection site
- Trouble sleeping
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Linox 600 mg can interact with some medicines taken parallel to it. These interactions may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always inform your doctor if you are on other Medication, Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It usually interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Cholera Vaccine
Warning And Precaution:
Linox 600 mg is contraindicated in some conditions; hence it should be used cautiously in:
- Lactic Acidosis
- Optic Neuropathy
- Drug Resistance
- Decreased Blood Cell Count
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dose adjustment. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting the doctor.
Things To Remember:
- You should go for regular eye checkups, Blood Pressure Monitoring, and Blood Cell Counts.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Linox 600 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Linox 600 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Be sure that the strips of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged.