Lipicard 160 Mg
USA Brand Name
Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate)
What Is The Generic Name For Lipicard 160 Mg?
Fenofibrate is the generic version for Lipicard 160 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate)?
About Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate)
Lipicard 160 mg contains an active ingredient, Fenofibrate, which is used for the metabolism of Triglycerides and Cholesterol and is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
USV (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Lipicard 160 mg.
Lipicard 160 mg contains an active ingredient, Fenofibrate, 160 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate)?
Lipicard 160 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Increased Cholesterol
- Increased Triglycerides
How Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate) Works?
Lipicard 160 mg has an active ingredient, Fenofibrate. It basically stimulates the formation of lipoprotein lipase enzymes for triglyceride metabolism, which in turn lowers the levels of triglyceride and cholesterol in the body.
Before You Use Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Fenofibrate
- You do not have Liver/Kidney/Thyroid problems
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving
- Avoid standing up suddenly from a sitting or lying position
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate)?
You should not take Lipicard 160 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Sensitivity to Sunlight
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Pancreatic Ailments
- Have Muscular Disorder
- Have Large Amount of Protein in Urine
- Have Water Retention in the Body (Nephrotic Syndrome)
- Decreased Albumin in the blood (Hypoalbuminaemia)
- Have Poorly Controlled Diabetes Mellitus
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have any Kidney/Liver/Pancreatic Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Lipicard 160 mg contains an active ingredient, Fenofibrate, which is used in the treatment of Increased Cholesterol and Increased Triglycerides. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Lipicard 160 mg at a fixed time with food as instructed by your Doctor. Try to take it regularly by time for better effects.
How Much Of The Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate) to Be Used?
Lipicard 160 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lipicard 160 mg.
How To Take The Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate)?
Lipicard 160 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food. Lipicard 160 mg is preferably taken regularly once daily.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lipicard 160 M?
You are always advised to take Lipicard 160 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Lipicard 160 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Lipicard 160 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lipicard 160 Mg (Fenofibrate)?
- Increased Liver Enzymes
- Decreased Albumin in the Blood
- Flu syndrome
- Muscle and Body pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Lipicard 160 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications or Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Antidiabetic Drugs
Warning And Precaution:
Lipicard 160 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Gall Bladder Diseases
- Muscular Disorders
- Kidney Disease/ Liver Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment when you are suffering from all these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep monitoring your whole Blood Cell Count, Glucose Levels, Kidney, and Liver Functions
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubts regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet.
Lipicard 160 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take this tablet for a shorter or longer time than prescribed by the Doctor.
Store the Lipicard 160 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged.