Loette 0.10 Mg + 0.02 Mg
USA Brand Name
Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol
Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg (Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol)
What Is The Generic Name For Loette:
Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol is the generic version for Loette
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg (Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol):
About Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg (Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol):
Loette (0.10+0.02) mg contains the active ingredients, Levonorgestrel 0.5 mg and Ethinyl Estradiol 0.05 mg, used for Contraception/Prevention of pregnancy. You can buy this prescription-only medicine from any of the leading drugstores, pharmacy stores, and medical supply stores.
Pfizer (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Loette (0.10+0.02) mg.
Loette (0.10+0.02) mg contains an active ingredient, Levonorgestrel 0.10 mg, and Ethinyl Estradiol, 0.02 mg which is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg (Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol):
Loette (0.10+0.02) mg is used in:
- Contraception/Prevention of Pregnancy
- Hormonal Contraceptive
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Painful Menstruation
- Short term changes in menopause
How Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg (Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol) Works:
Loette (0.10+0.02) mg is a combination of two birth controlling pills containing female hormones that prevent the release of an egg from an ovary (ovulation). Loette tablets are also responsible for changes in the cervix and uterus lining, making it hard or unsuitable for the sperm to reach the fertilization state and harder for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus thus preventing pregnancy in a female.
Before You Use Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg:
- You are not allergic to Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg:
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg:
You should avoid Loette (0.10+0.02) mg if you:
- Have Ever Noticed Any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Kidney Disease/Adrenal Gland Disorder
- Have Untreated/Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure
- Have Heart Diseases (Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Attack, etc.)
- Are having a problem of Blood Clots due to a Heart Problem/a Hereditary Blood Disorder
- Have Liver Disease or Liver Cancer
- Have Severe Migraine Headaches
- Have Circulation Problems (Caused By Diabetes)
- Have a History of Jaundice Caused By Pregnancy or Birth Control Pills
- Smoke and are over 35 Years Old
- Take Any Hepatitis Medicines
- Have Breast/Uterus/Vagina Cancer or Vaginal Bleeding
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have High Levels of Potassium in your Blood (hyperkalemia)
- Have High Blood Pressure or Blood Clots or any other Heart Problems
- Have Thyroid/Diabetes/Gall Bladder Disease/Migraine Attack
- Have Breast/Uterus cancer/ Uterus Removal Procedure/ Any Uterus Problem
- Have High Levels of Fats (Triglycerides) in Blood
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive or Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Loette (0.10+0.02) mg contains active ingredients, Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol, used in Contraception and available in various strengths and substitutes and must be given on prescription only. Always consult your doctor for the duration and dose of a tablet as the age and conditions of the body differ in each person.
Females are advised to take Loette (0.10+0.02) mg at a fixed time as suggested by the doctor. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for Heart patients with blood-related issues also. This medicine is only for reproductive females.
How Much Of The Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg (Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol) To Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Loette (0.10+0.02) mg as exact dosing helps in combating all the related issues.
How To Take The Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg (Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol):
Loette (0.10+0.02) mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
You must take one pill (tablet) per day. You are advised to take your first pill on the first day of your period or on the first Sunday after your period begins. You may also need to use backup birth control, such as condoms with spermicide when you just started using this medication.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg:
You are always advised to take Loette (0.10+0.02) mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in large amount or for a longer time than recommended as it may cause adverse effects or can make you non-productive throughout your life
Contact your physician immediately or reach a nearby medical facility if you are suspecting something weird after an overdose or multiple dosing.
A missed dose of Loette (0.10+0.02) mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
But a missed dose can lead to a pregnancy. So, if you are sure to be pregnant then only you miss the dose.
What Are TheSide Effects Of The Loette (0.10+0.02) Mg (Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol)
- Muscle pain
- Breast Tenderness and pain
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Cervical erosion
- Lower Stomach Pain
- Mood changes
- Body Weight Gain
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Anaphylactic reactions
- Breast Enlargement
- Metrorrhagia (Menstrual Bleeding at Irregular Intervals)
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Loette (0.10+0.02) mg may interfere with other medicines you are taking simultaneously and this interaction can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Also, you must inform your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Heart Disease
- Breast/Uterus Cancer
- Endometrial Hyperplasia
Warning And Precaution:
Loette (0.10+0.02) mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Breast/Uterus Cancer
- Blood-Related Disorders
- Heart Problems
- It is not recommended for Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Breast screening (for the presence of Lumps or any abnormal changes) and Cervical Smear Test must be done on a regular basis
- Keep out of reach of children
- Ask your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and the strength of the Tablet
Do not stop taking/ do not miss Loette (0.10+0.02) mg if you do not want to be pregnant or do not take it for longer than recommended by your doctor
Store the Loette (0.10+0.02) mg at a cool temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not be damaged.