Lomitas 400 Mg
USA Brand Name
Intas Pharmaceuticals, India
Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin)
What Is The Generic Name For Lomitas:
Lomefloxacin is the generic version for Lomitas
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin):
About Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin):
Lomitas 400 Mg contains an active ingredient, Lomefloxacin, a broad-spectrum antibiotic, which is used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections like Pneumonia, Respiratory, throat, sinus, skin, and soft tissue, Urinary Tract Infections, etc. You may find this prescription-only drug at any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Intas Pharmaceutical (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies manufacturing Lomitas 400 Mg.
Lomitas tablets contain Lomefloxacin, 400 mg per tablet which is also available in the various strengths with other substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin):
Lomitas 400 Mg is used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections:
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Eye infections like conjunctivitis
- Ear Infection
- Nongonococcal Urethritis
How Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin) Works:
Lomitas 400 mg is an antibiotic drug that has Lomefloxacin, as an active moiety that kills the bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication leading to no repairment and replication of the bacteria hence preventing from infection.
Before You Use Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin):
Make sure that:
- You do not take Alcohol
- You do not take OTC medicines without prescriptions
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, Medication, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin):
- You should avoid drive after taking this tablet
- Avoid Alcohol
- You should avoid coffee, chocolate, tea, and food containing cocoa and caffeine
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin):
You should not take Lomitas 400 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed allergy to Bactericidal Antibiotics
- Have flu and cold symptoms
- Have any Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Have Epilepsy
- Are pregnant or conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Have any other heart disease
- Have Numbness, Tingling Sensation, and Pain in Tension
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Have Epilepsy or Seizures
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Lomitas 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Lomefloxacin 400 mg, used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections. Lomitas 400 mg is a prescription based drug and is available in various strengths and substitutes. You must consult your doctor before using the medicine about your symptoms and diseases and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Lomitas 400 mg at a fixed time empty stomach. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. You must complete the medicine course as you are instructed by your doctor. It is to be used with caution in pregnancy, breastfeeding women, and patients with heart and stomach problems. The dose must be adjusted according to the severity of interactions with other diseased conditions.
How Much Of The Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin) to Be Used:
Lomitas 400 mg should be taken in the dose as prescribed by your doctor. Do not exceed or reduce the dose as per your choice. It can add adverse effects of the medicine.
How To Take The Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin):
Lomitas 400 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing and crushing it. It is to be taken empty stomach.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lomitas 400 Mg:
You are always advised to take Lomitas 400 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
Contact your physician or reach a nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like itchy skin, rashes, blood in the stool, swelling in face and mouth, difficulty in breathing, etc.
You must try to take every dose of Lomitas 400 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lomitas 400 Mg (Lomefloxacin):
- Skin rash
- Body pain
- Burning or tingling sensation
- Difficult or painful urination
- Unusual bleeding
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Yellow-colored eyes or skin
- Acid or sour stomach
- Sudden sweating
- Shaking of hands or feet
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Lomitas 400 mg can interact with the medicines taken simultaneously with it. These interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other Medication, Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It usually interacts with the following medicines:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- QT prolongation
- Colitis (Diarrhea, Abdominal Pain, and Blood in Stools)
Warning And Precaution:
Lomitas 400 Mg is contraindicated in some conditions or it should be used very cautiously if it is necessary to use in:
- CNS Disorders
- Heart Problems
- Elderly patients having tendon/ligament problems as it may develop tendinitis and tendon rupture if this medication is used for a long time
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment in any condition
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Read the information carefully written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always discuss with your doctor if you have any doubts regarding the dose, time and strength of the tablet.
Lomitas 400 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking/skip the tablet before completion of the course even if you feel better.
Store the Lomitas 400 mg at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged.