Lopamide 2 Mg
USA Brand Name
Torent Pharmaceuticals, India
Lopamide 2 Mg (Loperamide)
What Is The Generic Name For Lopamide 2 Mg?
Loperamide is the generic version for Lopamide 2 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Lopamide 2 Mg (Loperamide)?
About Lopamide 2 Mg (Loperamide)
Lopamide 2 mg contains an active ingredient, Loperamide, a muscle relaxant that is used for muscle relaxation. You can find it from all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Lopamide 2 mg.
Lopamide 2 mg contains an active ingredient, Loperamide, 10 mg per tablet. You may find Loperamide in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lopamide 2 Mg (Loperamide)?
Lopamide 2 mg is used for:
- Muscle Relaxation
- Spasms that may occur in diseases affecting the nervous system, such as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, motor neuron disease, or injury to head, brain or spine.
How Lopamide 2 mg (Loperamide) Works?
Lopamide 2 mg has an antibiotic medicine, Loperamide which basically works on the centers in the brain and spinal cord to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm without reduction in strength. Thus, it helps in improving the pain and movement of muscles.
Before You Use Lopamide 2 mg (Loperamide):
- Make sure that you do not take Alcohol as it will cause excessive Calmness and Drowsiness
- Make sure that you do not take OTC medicines without prescriptions
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, or Medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lopamide 2 mg (Loperamide)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lopamide 2 mg (Loperamide)?
You should not take Lopamide 2 mg if you:
- Have CNS Disorders or taking CNS Depressants like Barbiturates, Alcohol
- Have any Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are pregnant or conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have allergy to the Loperamide
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease/Heart Disease
- Have CNS Disorders or taking CNS depressants like Alcohol or barbiturates
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Lopamide 2 mg contains an active ingredient, Loperamide (10 mg), used for Muscle Relaxation. Lopamide 2 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Lopamide 2 mg at a fixed time, with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children below 3 years.
How Much Of The Lopamide 2 mg (Loperamide) to Be Used?
Lopamide 2 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lopamide 2 mg.
How To Take The Lopamide 2 mg (Loperamide)?
Lopamide 2 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly probably with food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing/crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lopamide 2 mg?
You are always advised to take Lopamide 2 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the symptoms of an overdose. In case of emergency, seek nearby medical care.
You should try to take every dose of Lopamide 2 mg at a fixed time regularly. A missed dose can be taken as soon as you remember but skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses to make up for the dose you missed.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lopamide 2 mg (Loperamide)?
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Change in mood
- Skin rash
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Muscle weakness
- Difficult or painful urination
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Lopamide 2 mg can interact with some medicines taken parallel to it. These interactions may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always inform your doctor if you are on other Medication, Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It usually interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Lopamide 2 mg is contraindicated in some conditions; hence it should be used cautiously in:
- Pediatric Use
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney Disease
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dose adjustment for better effects.
Things To Remember:
- Regular monitoring of kidney function is important.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time and strength of the Medication.
Lopamide 2 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Lopamide 2 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Be sure that the strips of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged.