Lorvas 2.5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Torrent Pharmaceuticals, India
Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide)
What Is The Generic Name For Lorvas:
Indapamide is the generic version for Lorvas
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Lorvas 2.5 mg (Indapamide):
About Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide):
Lorvas 2.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Indapamide, a thiazide diuretic which is used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure and Heart Failure. It may be given in combination with other drugs to lower the high blood pressure. You may buy this prescription-only drug from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Lorvas 2.5 mg.
Lorvas 2.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Indapamide, 2.5 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide):
Lorvas 2.5 mg is used in:
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Failure
How Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide) Works:
Indapamide is a thiazide diuretic present in Lorvas 2.5 mg and lowers the blood pressure by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. It also relaxes the blood vessels and improves the blood flow hence minimize the chances of heart failure.
Before You Use Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Indapamide
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your pre-existing disease, surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs as it may cause dizziness especially in initial days of treatment.
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide):
You should avoid Lorvas 2.5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Are experiencing dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness which is not going away
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Diabetes
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Lorvas 2.5 mg contains a thiazide diuretic as an active ingredient, Indapamide which is used to treat High Blood Pressure and Cardiac/Heart Failure. Lorvas 2.5 mg is a prescription based drug and may be available in various strengths and other substitutes. Consult your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Lorvas 2.5 mg at a fixed time with the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than prescribed. You are advised to take it in the morning time with breakfast to avoid getting up at the night for urination. It should be avoided in children. It is not recommended to use pregnant/ Breastfeeding women and patients with other heart complications.
How Much Of The Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lorvas 2.5 mg. Do not take higher/lower dose than prescribed.
How To Take The Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide):
Lorvas 2.5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time preferably in the morning time with breakfast to avoid getting up at the night for urination. Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide)
You are always advised to take Lorvas 2.5 mg as prescribed by your doctor and not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended. You must complete the medicine course for the treatment even if you are feeling better. Do not stop taking it on your own.
Contact your doctor or reach a nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like Diarrhea, weakness, tiredness, etc.
A missed dose of Lorvas 2.5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lorvas 2.5 Mg (Indapamide)
- Increased urination
- Dry mouth
- Itching or rash
- Abdominal pain
- Joint pain, stiffness, and swelling
- Muscle cramps/weakness
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Irregular heartbeat
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Lorvas 2.5 mg may interact with other medicines or supplements you are taking simultaneously and this interaction can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. So, You should always consult your doctor if you are on some vitamins, taking other OTC drugs or Herbal Supplements. It is found to interact with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Lab Test interference:
- Thyroid Function test
Warning And Precaution:
Lorvas 2.5 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Volume and Electrolyte Depletion
- Lupus Erythematosus
- Pediatric Population
- It must be used very cautiously in Pregnant/Breastfeeding women as it may be fatal to your newly born baby
- You may discuss with your doctor for the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and a low-fat diet schedule for better effects of the medicine.
- Keep monitoring your blood pressure and electrolytes levels regularly while taking this medicine.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt in case of dose, time, and strength of the Tablets
Do not stop taking Lorvas 2.5 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician. It may harm you causing severe side effects hence, always take pre-decided dosage and follow your doctor’s instructions.
Store the Lorvas 2.5 mg at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure the package of the tablets should not be damaged.