Macorate 600 Mg Tablet
USA Brand Name
Magnesium Valproate (600Mg)
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate)
What Is The Generic Name For Macorate 600 Mg Tablet:
Magnesium Valproate is the generic version for Macorate 600 mg Tablet
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate):
- Divalproex sodium
About Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate)
Macorate 600 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Magnesium Valproate, which belongs to a group of medicines known as anti-epileptics & is used to treat two conditions – epilepsy and bipolar disorder. This medicine also helps in the prevention of migraines. This way, it prevents extreme mood swings & abnormal brain signals that trigger seizures (fits). Epilepsy is a type of disease of the nervous system in which the disturbed nerve cell action in the brain causes episodes of the characteristic epileptic seizures. Possible causes of epilepsy include genetic disorder, brain injury, stroke, infection, tumor, etc. Migraine is a benign & recurring syndrome of headache associated with other symptoms of neurologic dysfunction that includes sensitivity to light, sound, or movement. This is the second most widespread cause of headache, afflicting approximately 15% of women & 6% of men. Bipolar disorder is a grave mental illness in which people go through unusual mood changes. Patient goes from very happy, ‘up,’ & active to very sad & hopeless, ‘down,’ and inactive, & then back again. They frequently have normal moods in between. The up feeling is known as mania while the down feeling is known as depression. This medicine is obtainable with all the leading primary pharmacies, drugstores, & medical supply stores easily however this medicine must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. is the primary pharmaceutical company which manufacture Macorate 600 mg Tablet.
Macorate 600 mg Tablet contains an active constituent, Magnesium Valproate (600 mg). This medicine is obtainable in other substitutes with all the leading primary online pharmacies, drugstores, & medical supply stores easily.
What Are The Uses Of The Macorate 600 Mg Tablet:
Macorate 600 mg Tablet is used for the treatment in the following conditions:
- Prevention of migraine
- Bipolar disorder
How Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate) Works:
Macorate 600 mg Tablet has an active ingredient; Magnesium Valproate which is an antiepileptic medication. This medicine controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal & excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate):
Make certain that:
- You are not having some severe Disease
- You are not sensitive to Magnesium Valproate
- Your doctor has to be up to date regarding your medical history like your pre-existing disease, Medications& surgeries, lifestyle, Supplements, Food Habits, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate):
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid the use of mobile/ laptop
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate):
You should not take Macorate 600 mg Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Are pregnant
- Have Urea cycle disorders
- Have mitochondrial disorders
- Have Pancreatitis
- Have bleeding disorder
- Have Bone Fractures
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have meningitis or depression or suicidal thoughts.
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Have infections
Macorate 600 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Magnesium Valproate that is used to treat two conditions – epilepsy and bipolar disorder. This medicine is easily obtainable in diverse substitutes & strength easily. This medicine has to be purchased or taken on a doctor’s recommendation only. The patient must discuss with the medical doctor for the alteration of dosage & time of the medicine knowing the fact that the severity of the disease varies from person to person. This adjustment can only be judged finest by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Macorate 600 mg Tablet at a fixed time with food as instructed by your medical doctor. You must take Macorate 600 mg Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate) to Be Used:
Macorate 600 mg Tablet is easily available in various strengths and substitutes. Patients are constantly suggested to follow doctor’s prescriptions & instructions to take Macorate 600 mg Tablet. You must not receive this Tablet on your own and for a longer period as recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate):
Take Macorate 600 mg Tablet in the dose & duration as suggested by your medical doctor. You have to swallow the medicine as a whole & not chew, crush, or break the Tablet. Macorate 600 mg Tablet must be taken with food; however, it is always better to take this medicine at a set time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate):
You are always advised to take Macorate 600 mg Tablet as prescribed. You should not start or stop using this medication all of a sudden on your own. You have to follow all the processes given by your doctor, scrupulously. You must not receive the Tablet in a larger or smaller measure or for an extended phase than suggested by your doctor.
You must look out for medical emergency treatment and/ or get in touch with your medical doctor instantaneously in a situation of any overdose symptoms. The urgent treatment will be initiated without delay by your medical doctor if they detect any overdose symptoms in you.
The missed dose of the Tablet ought to be taken as fast as viable. You must firmly skip the missed dose if it is the time for your next intended dosage by now. It is firmly suggested not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Macorate 600 Mg Tablet (Magnesium Valproate):
- Blurred vision
- Hair loss
- Weight gain
- Double vision
- Coordination impaired
- Stomach pain
- Increased appetite
- Body pain
- Skin rash
- Dry or scaly skin
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Numerous medicines have been reported to interact with Macorate 600 mg Tablet. These interactions may generate some needless or unfavorable effects or it may possibly cause your drug not to function properly. You should frequently have a discussion with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements accordingly well-proposed medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
This drug can also interact with the following mentioned disease condition:
- Liver disease
Warning And Precaution:
Macorate 600 mg Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Use of this drug is not recommended by children under 2 years of age
- You have to repeatedly get your blood tests done to check your liver & kidney function, blood cells, electrolyte levels & hemoglobin levels, throughout treatment with this medicine
- You should as well get your blood pressure & levels of proteins in urine checked regularly while taking this medicine
- You must take ample dietary intake of calcium & magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor as long-term use of this medicine can cause weak bones & deficiency of minerals such as magnesium
- You must practice yoga every day and get enough sleep at nighttime
- You must monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain
- Use of this medicine may cause cosmetic side effects such as increased hair growth on face, acne & thinning of hair, so you should discuss this with your doctor
- You should not drive or manage heavy machines alongside as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You must take a low-fat diet among restricted salts, regular exercise & stop smoking for this medicine to work better
- You are supposed not to take this drug if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or are breastfeeding
- You must always discuss with your medical doctor to obtain the first-rate treatment if you are observing a number of the above-mentioned conditions/ symptoms.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Macorate 600 mg Tablet out of reach & view of the children
- This drug is strictly used with care for the treatment of children
- Macorate 600 mg Tablet is not suggested for use by pregnant women owing to the augmented risk of injurious effects on the unborn child
- You have to always check up the information in particularly printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- You must constantly discuss with your medical doctor if you have any uncertainty in terms of the dosage, strength & time of the drug.
Macorate 600 mg Tablet should be used as recommended by your doctor. You must not take this drug for a longer period than recommended by the medical doctor.
Store the Macorate 600 mg Tablet at room temperature in dark & dry location. Make sure that the Tablet is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.