Martifur 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Martifur 100 mg
Martifur is an antibiotic group of medicines containing Nitrofurantoin that fight against bacteria. The medicine is often used for the treatment and prevention of bacterial infections of the urinary tract. The medicine works directly on the bacteria preventing them from spreading but does not treat viral infection.
The medicine is marketed globally by Walter Bushnell and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Martifur; Nitrofurantoin, helps in the treatment of:-
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Bacterial Infection Of The Bladder
Manufacturer Of Martifur
Walter Bushnell manufactures Martifur(Nitrofurantoin). It is one of India's most renowned pharmaceutical companies with a 100+ years legacy of quality & trust since 09 Dec 2004. Walter Bushnell Pharma Private Limited is majorly in Manufacturing (Metals & Chemicals, and products thereof) business for the last 17 years, and currently, company operations are strike off.
The term strength means the amount of active ingredient present in a single dose of the medicine. Here, Martifur’s strength is 100mg, which means one tablet of martifur contains 100 mg of Nitrofurantoin.
Keeping the level of different severity cases, the medicine is available in other strengths as well, such as:-
- Martifur MR 100mg
- Martifur 100mg
- Martifur MR 50mg
USA Brands Equivalent To Nitrofurantoin, The Salt In Martifur
Uses Of Nitrofurantoin; Salt In Martifur
Nitrofurantoin is the salt preset in Martifur that helps in the treatment of:-
Urinary Tract Infection: Bacterial infection in the urethra, prostate, bladder, or kidneys is called a urinary tract infection. It can lead to urinary frequency, urgency, dysuria, lower abdominal pain, and flank pain. Systemic symptoms and even sepsis may occur with a kidney infection.
The medicine works by stopping the growth of bacteria infection in the urine that causes urinary tract infections. Martifur(Nitrofurantoin) often makes you feel better quite quickly. Therefore, you should continue taking it as long as prescribed, even when you feel better to make sure that the infection gets resolved.
How Martifur Works?
Martifur contains 100 mg of Nitrofurantoin that directly works on the growth of bacterias and simultaneously cures the infection. This dual action of the medicine helps people with urinary tract infection in their treatment.
How To Take Martifur?
Always consume martifur(Nitrofurantoin) as directed by the doctor. Do not alter the dose and strength on your own without consulting him. In general, the medicine is consumed orally with a glass of water without crushing, chewing, or breaking the tablet. It is recommended to consume Nitrofurantoin(Martifur) with food.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Martifur?
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid making such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
Missed Dose Of Martifur?
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time.
Drugs That Interact With Nitrofurantoin, The Salt In Martifur
The below-mentioned drugs show interaction with Nitrofurantoin. Therefore, avoid consuming them with Martifur. There a total of 163 known medicines that interact with Nitrofurantoin, but the most frequent ones are as follows:-
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Flonase (fluticasone nasal)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (metoprolol)
- MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol 3350)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
- Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone)
- Probiotic Formula (bifidobacterium infantis / lactobacillus acidophilus)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
When Not To Take Martifur?
Keep the following things in mind while consuming Nitrofurantoin(martifur) in order to avoid any side effect:-
- If you are allergic to Nitrofurantoin, do not take Martifur or consult with the doctor and an alternative to Nitrofurantoin.
- Consuming alcohol with Martifur can lead to unwanted side effects. Therefore, avoid consuming alcohol with Nitrofurantoin.
- If you are in a phase of breastfeeding, consult with your doctor first before taking medicine.
- In case you have kidney or liver complications, use Nitrofurantoin with caution. It is recommended to consult with the doctor in such cases.
- Driving just after taking medicine is considered unsafe. Consult with the doctor regarding such activity.
Do not take Martifur if you are allergic to Nitrofurantoin or any other ingredient of this
Side Effects Of Martifur
Side effects usually occur as a result of not following the directions and guidelines provided by the doctor. Here are possible side effects that have been reported when a person consumes Martifur(Nitrofurantoin) without following the guidelines:-
- Changes in facial skin color
- chest pain
- a general feeling of discomfort or illness
- joint or muscle pain
- shortness of breath
- skin rash
- sudden trouble in swallowing or breathing
- swelling of the face, mouth, hands, or feet
- troubled breathing
- Black, tarry stools
- blood in the urine or stools
- burning, numbness, tingling, or painful sensations
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- sore throat
- unsteadiness or awkwardness
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Overdose Of Martifur
The possible effects of an overdose are:
- An Upset Stomach
Do not overdose on the medicine in order to avoid such side effects.
General Information And Precautions
- Use caution in patients with kidney disease.
- Use caution in patients who have had liver disease because of using this drug before.