Megapin 250 + 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Aristo Pharmaceuticals, India
Megapen 250+250 Mg (Ampicillin+Cloxacillin)
What Is The Generic Name For Megapen:
Ampicillin is the generic version for Megapen
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Megapen 250+250 mg:
About Megapen 250+250 Mg (Ampicillin Cloxacillin):
Megapen 250+250 mg contains Ampicillin 250 mg and Cloxacillin 250 mg as the active ingredients. This is an antibiotic medicine that is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections. You may buy this antibiotic from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores but only on doctor’s prescription.
Aristo Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Megapen 250+250 mg.
Megapen 250+250 mg contains active ingredients, Ampicillin and Cloxacillin, 250 mg each per capsule. Megapen capsules may be available in the various strengths, other substitutes, other dosage forms at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Megapen 250+250 Mg (Ampicillin+Cloxacillin):
Megapen 250+250 mg is used in Bacterial Infections like:
- Throat infections
- Nose infections
- Eye/Ear Infections
- Skin and Soft tissue infections
- Urinary tract Infections
- It may be used for a few other infections not listed here
How Megapen 250+250 Mg (Ampicillin+Cloxacillin) Works:
Megapen 250+250 mg containing Ampicillin and Cloxacillin as the active ingredients work by preventing the bacteriae from synthesizing/forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body. Hence, it prevents them from growing in the body to eradicate the infection completely.
Before You Use Megapen 250+250 Mg (Ampicillin+Cloxacillin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- You have informed the doctor about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Food Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Megapen 250+250 Mg:
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid driving or doing any mechanical or risky job as it may affect your vision
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Megapen 250+250 Mg (Ampicillin+Cloxacillin):
You should not take Megapen 250+250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have severe Kidney/Liver Problems
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive/Allergic to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Have any blood related disorders
- Have brain problem/ disease like meningitis
- Have any other Infection like Fungal or viral Infections
- Develop watery or bloody diarrhea after using this medication
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Megapen 250+250 mg containing Ampicillin and Cloxacillin is used to treat bacterial infections. It is also available in various strengths and other substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Its injection form relieves the symptoms faster than the capsule form. Always consult your doctor before use and ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Megapen 250+250 mg at a fixed time and an empty stomach (preferably 1 hour before food). Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in severe kidney and liver disease.
How Much Of The Megapen 250+250 Mg (Ampicillin+Cloxacillin) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Megapen 250+250 mg. The dose which is to be given is depending upon the severity of the infection.
How To Take The Megapen 250+250 Mg (Ampicillin+Cloxacillin):
Megapen 250+250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time prior to the hour of your food intake. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing/crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Megapen 250+250 Mg:
You are always advised to take Megapen 250+250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended as it may cause severe side effects but you are advised to complete the course.
Contact your doctor or reach a nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting overdose symptoms like Hypersensitivity, skin allergies, kidney or liver problems, etc.
A missed dose of Megapen 250+250 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Megapen 250+250 Mg:
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Fever with chills
- Joint pain
- Skin yellowing or Rashes
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Altered sense of taste
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Megapen 250+250 mg may interact with other medicines you are taking, which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Hence, always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Megapen 250+250 mg should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy to any of its contents
- Clostridium Difficile-Associated Diarrhea
- Drug Resistance
- Other severe infections like viral or fungal infections
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Impaired hematopoietic functions
- Impaired kidney/ Liver function
- Consult your doctor for dosage adjustment and effective treatment if you have the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Keep monitoring Kidney/Liver and Hematopoietic Functions while taking this medicine
- Complete the course of the antibiotic even you are feeling better
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Capsule
Do not stop taking Megapen 250+250 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Complete the course of medicine to eradicate the infection completely. Also do not take more than 2 months or longer to prevent yourself from unwanted side effects or adverse effects. Talk to your doctor whenever you are experiencing its side effects or no effects.
Store the Megapen 250+250 mg at room temperature in dark, clean and dry place. Make sure that the capsules should not be damaged and are intact.