Mesacol 400 Mg
US Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine)
What Is The Generic Name For Mesacol 400 Mg?
Mesalamine is the generic version for Mesacol 400 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine)?
About Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine)
Mesacol 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Mesalamine, which is used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease and available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Mesacol 400 mg.
Mesacol 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Mesalamine, 400 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine)?
Mesacol 400 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis (Swelling and Scarring of Colon and Rectum)
How Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine) Works?
Mesacol 400 mg has an active ingredient, Mesalamine, which blocks the release of chemical messengers that cause inflammation of the lining of the intestine.
Before You Use Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Mesalamine
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving as it may cause Dizziness
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine)?
You should not take Mesacol 400 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Ailments
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Have Blood Disorders or uncontrolled Bleeding
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Stomach or Bowel Ulcers
- Have Asthma or any other Lung Disease
- Have Galactose Intolerance or Glucose-Galactose Malabsorption
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Mesacol 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Mesalamine, which is used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Mesacol 400 mg tablet at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. Try to take it regularly by time for better results.
How Much Of The Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine) to Be Used?
Mesacol 400 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Mesacol 400 mg.
How To Take The Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine)?
Mesacol 400 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food. Mesacol 400 mg is preferably taken regularly on time as directed by your physician.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Mesacol 400 Mg?
You are always advised to take Mesacol 400 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself even you are feeling better. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose. Symptomatic Supportive measures should be taken in case of Extended-Release Mesacol 400 mg Tablet.
Overdosage with Mesacol 400 mg Tablet suppository is rare due to limited absorption from the colon.
You should try to take every dose of Mesacol 400 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Mesacol 400 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Mesacol 400 Mg (Mesalamine)?
- Stomach Pain
- Dry Mouth
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
- Hair loss
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Mesacol 400 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other Medication or Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Botulism immune globulin
It may also interact with Disease conditions like:
- Impaired Liver Function
- Renal Impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Mesacol 400 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Active Peptic Ulcer
- Liver/ kidney Dysfunction
- It should be given cautiously
- In the patients who are using NSAIDs as it may increase the risk of Renal Impairment.
- In Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment or replacements when you are suffering from all these conditions
Things To Remember:
- To lower the risk of Dizziness, rise up slowly from lying or sitting position
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Mesacol 400 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses on time and regularly as per schedule. Do not stop in between even if you feel better.
Store the Mesacol 400 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.