Methimez 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Methimez 5 Mg (Methimazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Methimez 5 Mg?
Methimazole is the generic version for Methimez 5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Methimez 5 Mg (Methimazole)?
About Methimez 5 Mg (Methimazole)
Methimez 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Methimazole which is used in the treatment of Hyperthyroidism. It is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Methimez 5 mg.
Methimez 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Methimazole, 10 mg. This tablet is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Methimez 5 Mg (Methimazole)?
Methimez 5 mg is used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections:
How Methimez 5 mg (Methimazole) Works?
Methimez 5 mg has Methimazole which basically inhibits the enzyme thyroperoxidase that lowers the number of thyroid hormones produced by the thyroid gland.
Before You Use Methimez 5 mg (Methimazole):
- Make sure that you do not take Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not take OTC medicines without prescriptions
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, or Medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Methimez 5 mg (Methimazole)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Methimez 5 mg (Methimazole)?
You should not take Methimez 5 mg if you:
- Have any Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are pregnant or conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the Methimazole
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Methimez 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Methimazole (200 mg), used in the treatment of Tuberculosis. Methimez 5 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Methimez 5 mg at a fixed time, with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children below 3 years.
How Much Of The Methimez 5 mg (Methimazole) to Be Used?
Methimez 5 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Methimez 5 mg.
How To Take The Methimez 5 mg (Methimazole)?
Methimez 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly probably with food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Methimez 5 mg?
You are always advised to take Methimez 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
Always contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the symptoms of an overdose. In case of emergency, seek nearby medical care.
You should try to take every dose of Methimez 5 mg at a fixed time regularly. A missed dose can be taken as soon as you remember but skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. you should not take multiple doses to make up the dose
What Are The Side Effects Of The Methimez 5 mg (Methimazole)?
- Deficiency of granulocytes in the blood
- Deficiency of platelets in the blood
- Skin rash
- Abnormal hair loss
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Joint stiffness
- Skin pigmentation
- Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Methimez 5 mg can interact with some medicines taken parallel to it. These interactions may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always inform your doctor if you are on other Medication, Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It usually interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Methimez 5 mg is contraindicated in some conditions; hence it should be used cautiously in:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Liver and kidney Dysfunctioning
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dose adjustment for better effects
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Methimez 5 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Methimez 5 mg at room temperature, clean and dry place. Be sure that the strips of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged.