Metolar 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Metolar-100 is marketed globally by Cipla and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Metolar-100 is Metoprolol.
It is used in the treatment of:
- Heart Failure
- Angina Pectoris
- Myocardial Infarction
Manufacturer of Metolar-100
Metolar-100, that contains 100 mg of Metoprolol, is manufactured by Cipla. It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
Metolar-100 contains 100 mg of Metoprolol.
USA Brands Equivalent to Metoprolol, The Salt Present In Metolar-100
- Toprol XL
Uses Of Metoprolol, The Salt Present In Metolar-100
Metoprolol is used in the treatment of:
- Hypertension: It is a condition in which your blood pressure is elevated.
- Heart Failure: It occurs when your heart is unable to pump blood sufficiently to maintain the blood flow to the other parts of the body.
- Angina Pectoris: It is a type of severe pain that arises in the center of the chest and which can spread to the jaws and the arms. It is usually triggered by exercise and can be relieved by rest.
- Myocardial Infarction: It is the death of a portion of the heart muscle. It occurs due to the interruption of the blood flow to the heart muscle.
How Does Metolar-100 Work?
Metolar-100 selectively inhibits beta-1 adrenergic receptors in the heart with less or no effect on beta-2 receptors. It does not exhibit any membrane stabilizing or intrinsic sympathomimetic activity.
How To Take Metolar 100?
- Metolar-100 should be administered with or right after meals.
- Swallow whole. Do not chew or crush.
- Take this drug at the same time of day.
Metoprolol, the active salt in Metolar-100, is available in dosages which range from 25 mg to 450 mg at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. A more specific dose for your condition will be directed by your doctor. It is advisable not to take Metolar-100 without consulting your doctor.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Metolar 100?
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
Missed Dose Of Metolar 100?
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drugs That Interact With Metoprolol, The Salt Present In Metolar-100
The following drugs are known to interact with Metolar-100:
- Antidepressants (Bupropion, Fluoxetine, Paroxetine)
When Not To Take Metolar 100?
Do not take Metolar 100 if you have:
- An allergic reaction to the salt or any of the excipients present in the formulation
- A heart rate less than 45 beats/minute
- A condition called Sick Sinus Syndrome
- A Cardiogenic Shock
- Overt heart failure
- Severe Peripheral Arterial Circulatory Disorders (reduced blood flow to arms or legs)
Side Effects Of Metolar-100
Side effects of Metolar 100 include:
- An Allergic Reaction
- Memory Problems
- Change In Colour Of Skin (Bluish)
- Feeling Cold
- Chest Pain Or Pressure
- Abnormal Heartbeat
- Breathing Difficulty
- Weight Gain
- Swelling In The Arms Or Legs
- An Upset Stomach
Overdose Of Metoprolol, The Salt In Metolar-100
The possible effects of an overdose include:
- Severe Hypotension
- Heart Failure
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Cardiac Arrest
- Breathing Difficulty
- AV Block
- Impaired Consciousness
General Information And Precautions
- If you have an allergy to Metoprolol or any of the excipients present in the formulation, inform your physician
- If you are allergic to any drugs, food items or substances, inform your physician.
- Inform your physician about all of your drugs including OTC drugs, natural products and vitamins
- If you have any signs of low blood pressure like increased sweating, fluid loss, vomiting or diarrhea, inform your physician.
- If you are alcoholic, inform your physician.
- If you have problems of an overactive thyroid, this drug may mask the signs like fast heartbeat.
- If you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant, breastfeeding, inform your physician.
- If you have asthma or any lung condition, inform your physician.
- Don’t stop this drug suddenly, if you do, worsening of chest pain or heart attack may occur. So, it is always advisable to consult your doctor.
- This drug may hide the signs of low blood sugar. So, watch your blood sugar closely.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly over a few minutes when sitting or lying down. Be careful climbing stairs.
- Metoprolol could make you feel sleepy. So, be careful while driving or operating machines.
- Check your blood pressure and heart rate regularly.
- Don’t give the drug to children less than 6 years of age.