Minirin 0.1 Mg
USA Brand Name
Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin)
What Is The Generic Name For Minirin:
Desmopressin is the generic version for Minirin
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin):
About Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin)
Minirin 0.1 mg containing Desmopressin as an active ingredient is used to treat Diabetes Insipidus and bedwetting. It is a prescription based drug that can be purchased from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Minirin 0.1 mg.
Minirin 0.1 mg contains Desmopressin 0.1 mg per tablet and is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin):
Minirin 0.1 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Diabetes Insipidus
How Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin) Works:
Minirin containing Desmopressin is an anti-diabetic drug having the same structure as that of the natural hormone, Vasopressin which lowers the amount of urine and bleeding by constricting (narrowing) the blood vessels resulting in preventing the loss of water from the body.
Before You Use Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Desmopressin
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin):
- Avoid or restrict the consumption of alcohol
- Avoid skipping meals
- Avoid Driving or mechanical job that needs your alertness
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin):
You should not take Minirin 0.1 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have heart diseases such as coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, etc
- Have high/low blood pressure
- Have abnormal levels of sodium/potassium in the blood (electrolyte imbalance)
- Have cystic fibrosis or any psychological condition causing unusual thirst
- Have asthma
- Have epilepsy (fits) or migraine headaches.
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease or taking other medicines
Minirin 0.1 mg contains Desmopressin that is used in the treatment of Diabetes Insipidus and bedwetting. It is a prescription based drug that may be available in different strengths and substitutes. Ask your doctor for dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Patients are advised to take Minirin 0.1 mg at a fixed time regularly with or without the food. It is not recommended for Diabetes Mellitus and other complications. It must be taken on time. It should be taken very cautiously in the elderly.
How Much Of The Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin) to Be Used:
Minirin 0.1 mg preferably is to be taken regularly once or twice daily depending upon the condition and with other medicines as instructed by your doctor.
How To Take The Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin):
Minirin 0.1 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly with or without food. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. Do not skip any meal and try to make a routine for exercise and a balanced diet. Low doses of Desmopressin should be taken without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Minirin 0.1 Mg:
You are always advised to take Minirin 0.1 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount than recommended by your doctor.
Call your doctor or reach to a nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like stomach pain or cramps, vomiting, severe headache, etc.
A missed dose of Minirin 0.1 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Minirin 0.1 Mg (Desmopressin):
- Weight Gain
- Increase in blood Pressure
- Vulval pain
- Pain in the upper or lower abdomen or stomach cramps
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Minirin 0.1 mg may interact with other medicine you are already taking and these interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause the drug not to work properly. Always tell your doctor if you are taking other medicines, vitamins, beverages or herbal Supplements. Minirin 0.1 mg interacts with the following medicines:
- Diuretics (or Water Pills) like Furosemide and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Narcotic Pain Relievers (Codeine, Morphine, and Oxycodone)
Interaction with disease:
- Heart Diseases like Blood Pressure problems or congestive heart Failure
- Kidney Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Minirin 0.1 mg should be used cautiously in the conditions like:
- Heart Diseases like high or low BP, Congestive Heart Failure, or Coronary Artery Disease
- Kidney Dysfunction
- Change of medications
- Weight Gain
- Excessive alcohol intake
- It is probably safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Things To Remember:
- Regular Exercise and Proper Diet is good for health and must be practiced while taking medicines.
- You must follow your doctor’s instructions about fluid intake because Desmopressin therapy may cause life-threatening electrolyte imbalance, and may also cause fits if you take excess water or fluids. So, you must restrict the intake of water or other fluids while taking Desmopressin.
- Monitor your Glucose Levels Regularly
- Rise slowly from lying position as it may cause lightheadedness
- Keep out of reach of children
- Read the information carefully written on the leaflet of medicine
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the tablet
Minirin 0.1 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking or do not take multiple doses on your own.
Store the Minirin 0.1 mg tablets at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets and packages both are intact and not damaged.