Moisol 5 ml
USA Brand Name
What Is The Generic Name For Moisol:
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose is the generic version for Moisol
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Moisol 5 Ml (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose):
About Moisol Eye Drops (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose):
Moisol 5 ml contains an active ingredient, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, which is used in the treatment of dry and irritated eyes. It basically stabilizes the natural tear layer in the eye and maintains the lubrication so your eyes don’t get dry and irritated. You may buy this prescription based drug from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
- Eye Drops
FDC (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Moisol 5 ml.
Moisol contains an active ingredient, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, in a 5 ml vial which may be available in the various strengths and other substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Moisol 5 Ml:
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose is used in the treatment of:
- Eye Dryness
- Eye Irritation
How Moisol Eye Drops 5 Ml (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose) Works:
Moisol 5 ml is consisting of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose moistens and lubricates the surface of the eye (including artificial eyes) in the same way as natural tears.
Before You Use Moisol Eye Drops 5 Ml (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
- You are not using contact lenses
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Moisol Eye Drops 5 Ml (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose):
- Avoid driving or any other important activity as it may cause blurred vision for sometime
- Avoid using contact Lenses 15 min prior to or after its use
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
- Avoid the use of another eye drop within 5 min of its use
When Not To Use Moisol Eye Drops 5 Ml:
You should avoid Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have redness, swelling or inflammation in eyes
- Have gone through any Eye Surger
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
- Have any pressure problem inside the eye (Glaucoma)
- Are taking other medicines for an eye only
- Have redness, swelling, itching or other severe inflammation in the eye.
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are having infection which is getting worse even after using the Eye Drops
Moisol Eye Drops 5 ml contains an active ingredient, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, which is used in the treatment of dryness of the eye. Always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Moisol Eye Drops 5 ml at a fixed time, preferably in the morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor. Give the gap of 5-10 min if you are using more than one eye drops.
How Much Of The Moisol Eye Drops 5 Ml (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose. It is better to take one drop each eye at one time.
How To Take The Moisol 5 Ml (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose):
Moisol 5 ml should be taken at a fixed time once or twice a day as directed by your doctor. Use it by holding the vial close to the eye without touching it. Then, the vial must be squeezed gently and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid. Close the eye and put pressure on the corner of the eyes towards the nose for at least 1 min. and then wipe off the extra liquid with fresh tissue paper.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Moisol 5 Ml:
You are always advised to use the eye drops as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended. Sometimes, it may be used longer for better results.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting overdose symptoms like a stinging, burning sensation, excessive itching, etc.
A missed dose of the Eye Drops should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time to make up the missed dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Moisol 5 Ml (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose):
- Stinging in Eyes
- Blurred Vision
- Eye discharge
- Eye pain
- Foreign body sensation in eyes
- Increased production of tears
- Eye redness
- Visual impairment
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Other eye drops may interact with Moisol Eye Drops which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always tell your doctor if you are on any Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements so that a well-planned medication can be followed. Tell your doctor about the eye drops you are using other than Moisol Eye Drops.
Warning And Precaution:
Moisol 5 ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Blurred Vision
- Eye Surgeries
- Babies or Children
- Eye disorders or inflammation
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch the tip of the Eye Drop while using it and use it within a month once opened
- You should not take part in activities that require proper and clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely as your vision may be temporarily blurred or unstable after administering the eye drops
- It basically stabilizes the natural tear film and maintains necessary lubrication to reduce drying and irritation in eyes
- Keep 5-10 min interval between two eye drops if you are using multiple eye drops at the same time
- Clean your hands and eyes before using the Eye Drops. Try to keep container contamination free.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and the strength of the medication
Use the eye drop as long as your doctor has suggested using it. Do not touch its tip to eyelid or to your hand to avoid contamination.
Store it at a cool temperature in a clean, dry and contamination-free place. Do not freeze it.