Moxif 400 Mg
USA Brand Name
Torent Pharma, India
Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin)
What Is The Generic Name For Moxif:
Moxifloxacin is the generic version for Moxif
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin):
About Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin):
Moxif 400 Mg contains an active ingredient, Moxifloxacin, a broad spectrum antibiotic, used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections like Pneumonia, skin and soft tissue, abdominal, Urinary Tract Infections, etc. You may find this prescription only drug at any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Torrent Pharmaceutical (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies manufacturing Moxif 400 Mg.
Moxif tablets contain Moxifloxacin, 400 mg per tablet which is also available in the various strengths with other substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin):
Moxif 400 Mg is used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections:
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Intra-abdominal infections
- infections like conjunctivitis
- Ear Infection
- Nongonococcal Urethritis
How Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin) Works:
Moxifloxacin in Moxif 400 mg is an active antibiotic molecule that kills the bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication leading to no repairment and reproduction of the bacteria hence preventing from infection.
Before You Use Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin):
Make sure that:
- You do not take Alcohol
- You do not take OTC medicines without prescriptions
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, Medication, food and herbal supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin):
- You should avoid drive after taking this tablet
- Avoid Alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin):
You should not take Moxif 400 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed allergy to Antibiotics
- Have myasthenia Gravis
- Have tendinitis or tendon rupture
- Have any Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are pregnant or conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have allergy to the tablet
- Have any Central nervous system disorder
- Have myasthenia gravis
- Have tendinitis or tendon rupture or tenderness in joints and ligamennts
- Have develop diarrhea or black tarry stool as a side effect of the medicine
- Have Numbness, Tingling Sensation, and Pain in Tension
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Have Epilepsy or Seizures
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive/ Breastfeeding
Moxif 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Moxifloxacin 400 mg, used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections. Moxif 400 mg is a prescription based drug and is available in various strengths and other substitutes. Consulting your doctor before using the medicine about the frequency and dosage will help you as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Moxif 400 mg at a fixed time with or without food. It is to be used with caution in pregnancy, breastfeeding women, and patients with myasthenia gravis and tendon rupture. Doses must be adjusted for each patient according to the severity or interactions with other diseased conditions.
How Much Of The Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin) to Be Used:
Moxif 400 mg should be taken in the dose as prescribed by your doctor. Do not exceed or reduce the dose as per your choice. It can add adverse effects of the antibiotic.
How To Take The Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin):
Moxif 400 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the whole tablet with water without chewing and crushing it. You may take it either with food or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin):
You are always advised to take Moxif 400 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Do not take it in smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
Complete the course as prescribed to you otherwise it can lead to recurrence of the infection n so the course.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like tendonitis, tenderness in joints and ligaments, itchy skin, rashes, blood in stool, swelling in face and mouth, etc.
Take every dose of Moxif 400 mg at a fixed time regularly. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not take double dose to make up for the missed one.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Moxif 400 Mg (Moxifloxacin):
- Abdominal pain
- Blurred vision
- Bone pain
- Dark or clay colored stools
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe sunburn
- Acid or sour stomach
- White patches in the mouth or on the tongue
- Dry eyes
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Moxif 400 mg can interact with the medicines taken simultaneously with it. These interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other Medication, Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It usually interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Antidiabetic drugs
This medicine also interacts with few disease conditions like:
- QT prolongation
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Muscle and joints problems
- Colitis (Diarrhea, Abdominal Pain, and Blood in Stools)
Warning And Precaution:
Moxif 400 Mg is contraindicated in some conditions or it should be used very cautiously in:
- CNS Disorders
- Elderly patients having tendon/ligament problems because it may develop tendinitis and tendon rupture if this medication is used for a long time
- Drug Resistance
- Pediatric use
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment in any of the above or other condition you have.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Read the information carefully written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and the strength of the tablet.
Moxif 400 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking/skip these antibiotic tablets before completion of the course even if you feel better as it may lead you to start of the course again due to recurrence of the infection.
Store the Moxif tablets at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.