Moza 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Intas Pharmaceuticals, India
Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride)
What Is The Generic Name For Moza 5 Mg
Mosapride is the generic version for Moza 5 Mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride)
About Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride)
Moza 5 Mg contains an active ingredient, Mosapride, which is used for the prevention of acid secretion in the stomach (primarily used to prevent ulcers caused by pain medication (NSAIDs)). This medicine can cause uterine contraction and is sometimes also used for labor induction and termination of pregnancy. It may be found at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Moza 5 Mg.
Moza 5 Mg contains an active ingredient, Mosapride, 10 Mcg per tablet. You may find Mosapride in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride)
Moza 5 Mg is used for:
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Gastric Ulcer
- NSAID induced ulcers
- Induction of labor
- Postpartum bleeding
- Cervical ripening
- Termination of pregnancy
How Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride) Works
Moza 5 Mg containing Mosapride, a prostaglandin basically acts by inhibiting gastric acid secretions and inducing uterine contractions.
Before You Use Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride)
- Make sure that you do not take Alcohol as it will cause excessive Calmness and Drowsiness
- Make sure that you do not take OTC medicines without prescriptions
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, or Medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride)
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride)
You should not take Moza 5 Mg if you:
- Have bleeding disorders
- Have Bacterial Infections or other inflammations
- Have cardiovascular Diseases
- Are Anemic
- Have Diabetes
- Have any severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Are pregnant or conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have allergy to the Mosapride
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Gastrointestinal Problems
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have Diabetes
- Have any Infection like bacterial infection
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Moza 5 Mg contains an active ingredient, Mosapride (200 Mcg), used for prevention of Gastric Ulcers and inducing labor pain. Moza 5 Mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Always consult your doctor before using it and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Moza 5 Mg at a fixed time, with or without food or as directed by the doctor. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children.
How Much Of The Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride) to Be Used
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Moza 5 Mg.
How To Take The Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride)
Moza 5 Mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly probably with food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the whole tablet with water without chewing/crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride)
You are always advised to take Moza 5 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Do not take it for longer than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the symptoms of an overdose. In case of emergency, seek nearby medical care.
You should try to take every dose of Moza 5 Mg at a fixed time regularly. A missed dose can be taken as soon as you remember but Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses to make up for the dose you missed.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Moza 5 Mg (Mosapride)
- Stomach Pain
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Pelvic Pain and Cramping
- Disrupted Menstrual Cycle
- Shortness of Breath
- Allergic Skin Reaction
- Swelling of Face, Lips, Eyelids, Tongue, Hands and Feet
What Are The Common Drug Interactions
Moza 5 Mg can interact with some medicines taken parallel to it. These interactions may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always inform your doctor if you are on other Medication, Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It usually interacts with the following medicines:
- Antacids Containing Magnesium
Warning And Precaution
Moza 5 Mg is contraindicated in some conditions; hence it should be used cautiously in:
- Bacterial Infections
- Excessive Bleeding
- Uterine Rupture
- Severe Anemia
- Heart Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney Disease
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dose adjustment for better effects.
Things To Remember
- Regular monitoring of kidney function is important.
- Monitoring of Heart functions is also important for the heart patients who are going to take this medicine.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt in dose, time and strength of the Medication.
Moza 5 Mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Moza 5 Mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Be sure that the strips of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged.