Naltima 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Intas Pharmaceuticals, India
Naltima-50 is marketed globally by Intas Pharmaceuticals and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Naltima-50 is Naltrexone. It is used in the treatment of:
- Alcohol Dependence
- Opioid Dependence
Manufacturer of Naltima-50
Naltima-50, that contains 50 mg of Naltrexone, is manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals. It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
Naltima-50 contains 50 mg of Naltrexone.
USA Brands Equivalent To Naltrexone, The Salt In Naltima-50
- Re Via [DSC]
Uses Of Naltrexone, The Salt In Naltima-50
It is used in the treatment of:
- Alcohol Dependance
- Opioid Dependence
How Naltima-50 Works?
Naltrexone (a pure opioid antagonist) is similar in structure to naloxone, nalorphine. It acts as a competitive antagonist at opioid receptor sites. It has a high affinity for mu receptors.
How To Take Naltima-50?
- Naltima-50, having 50 mg of Naltrexone, can be taken with or without food.
- Administration along with food may reduce the gastrointestinal side effects. Advice the patient not to take any opioids while on naltrexone.
- Use this drug as advised by your doctor.
Naltrexone, the active salt in Naltima-50, is available in dosages which range from 25 mg to 150 mg at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. A more specific dose for your condition will be directed by your doctor.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Naltima-50?
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
Missed Dose Of Naltima-50?
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drugs That Interact With Naltima-50
The following substances are known to interact with Naltima-50:
- Opioid Analgesics
When Not To Take Naltima-50?
Do not take Naltima-50
- if you have allergic reactions to the salt or any of the excipients present in the formulation
- if you are taking an opioid drug regularly
- if you are displaying withdrawal signs
- if you failed naloxone challenge
Side Effects Of Naltima-50
The possible side effects of Naltima-50 include:
- An Allergic Reaction
- Liver Problems
- Abnormal Heartbeat
- Blurred vision
- An Upset Stomach
- Joint Pain
Overdose Of Naltima-50
Possible effects of an overdose include:
- Stomach Pain
Seek emergency medical care in case an overdose is suspected.
General Information And Precautions
- If you have an allergy to Naltrexone or any other excipients present in the formulation, inform your doctor.
- If you are allergic to any drugs, food items or substances, inform your physician.
- Inform your doctor about all of your drugs including OTC drugs, natural products, vitamins.
- If you are taking an opioid drug on a regular basis, or are having withdrawal signs, inform your doctor.
- If you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant, inform your doctor.
- If you are breastfeeding, inform your doctor.
- Don’t take drugs for pain while on this drug (It will not work). Don’t take more drugs to get the effect. It may cause unwanted side effects.
- Don’t drink alcohol while on this drug.
- Avoid driving and other tasks that require alertness while on this drug until you see how this drug affects you.