Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Neo-Mercazole:
Carbimazole is the generic version for Carbimazole
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole)
About Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole)
Neo-Mercazole 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Carbimazole which is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism and widely available at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Abbott (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Neo-Mercazole 5 mg.
Neo-Mercazole tablet contains Carbimazole, 5 mg per tablet which is available in the various strengths and many other substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole):
Neo-Mercazole 5 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole) Works:
Neo-Mercazole 5mg is an anti-thyroid medication containing carbimazole as an active ingredient which helps in reducing the amount of thyroid hormones produced by the thyroid gland in the human body.
Before You Use Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Carbimazole or any of the other medicines such as thiamazole, methimazole or propylthiouracil for thyroid
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, medications, upcoming surgeries, Food Habits, herbal Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole):
You should avoid Neo-Mercazole 5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it or any of its contents
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have serious blood disorder
- Have large thyroid swelling in your neck called as ‘Intrathoracic Goitre’
- Are receiving radio-iodine
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have pain in Jaw, Chest, Throat, Abdomen, Hips or Thighs.
- Are about to have a Dental Procedure or any surgery
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are intolerant to glucose or sucrose or sugars
- Are receiving radio iodine for thyroid problems
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/Breastfeeding
Neo-Mercazole 5 mg contains Carbimazole as an active moiety which is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism and also available in capsules, injection, or tablet form at all the online pharmacy stores, drugstores, or medical supply stores and should be given on prescription only. You may find Carbimazole in various substitutes with different strengths in the market but always buy the prescribed one. Discuss with your doctor for the duration and the dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Neo-Mercazole 5 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. Cautions have to be taken during pregnancy/breastfeeding or in liver disorders.
How Much Of The Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Neo-Mercazole 5 mg. Usually, 4-12 tablets of 5 mg is to be given to adults in starting and 2-3 tablets to children; gradually, after a control doses must be reduced.
How To Take The Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole):
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with water without chewing, crushing, or breaking it. Neo-Mercazole 5mg tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time regularly.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Neo-Mercazole 5 mg (Carbimazole)
You are always advised to take Neo-Mercazole 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like skin rash or allergy, paresthesia, joint stiffness, headache, blood disorders, etc.
A missed dose of Neo-Mercazole 5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You must skip the dose if it is the time for next dose. Do not double or multiply the dose for next time if you missed once or twice. Contact your doctor in case if you missed more than one dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Neo-Mercazole 5 Mg (Carbimazole)
- Skin rash
- Skin pigmentation
- Muscle Pain
- Blood disorders
- Joint stiffness
- Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
- Hair loss and hair thinning
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Neo-Mercazole 5 mg may interact with other medicines you are already taking and can produce any adverse effect or cause your drug not to work properly. You should inform your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs, OTCs or any Herbal or food Supplement. It is found to interact with the following medicines:
- Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone
Neo-Mercazole 5 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Severe Bone, Joint and/or Muscle Pain
- Bone Marrow Depression
- Lactose/Sucrose Intolerance
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women
- It is not recommended for Children and Adolescents
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for better effects.
Warning and Precautions:
- If you are about to undergo any Dental Procedure/surgery, then Neo-Mercazole 5 mg should be discontinued temporarily
- Take Calcium supplements or syrups while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Things To Remember:
- Do not stop taking Neo-Mercazole 5 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Always consult with your doctor for any confusion or doubt. It will take 4-8 weeks to show its full effects.
- Do not use expired product. Always check the insert or label for all the information.
Store the Neo-Mercazole 5 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.