Nicardia 20 Mg
USA Brand Name
J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Nicardia 20 Mg Tablet (Nifedipine)
What Is The Generic Name For Nicardia:
Nifedipine is the generic version for Nicardia
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine):
About Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine)
Nicardia 20 mg contains Nifedipine, a Calcium Channel Blocker as an active substance which is used in the treatment of Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) and Chest Pain (Angina). You can buy this prescription based drug from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores in various strengths and other dosage forms.
J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Nicardia 20 mg.
Nicardia 20 mg contains Nifedipine 20 mg per tablet. It is easily available in the various strengths and also in many combinations at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine):
Nicardia 20 mg is used to treat Heart Disease and Blood Pressure:
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis
- Uterine relaxant
How Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine) Works:
This Calcium Channel Blocker blocks the action of calcium on heart and blood vessels by relaxing the muscles and widening the vessels. So, Nifedipine helps in reducing the Blood Pressure and abnormally increased Heart Beat which lowers strain and oxygen requirement of the Heart.
Before You Use Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine):
You must be sure that:
- You are not taking Alcohol as it can produce some side effects.
- Your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, and Medications, food supplements, and food habits)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine):
- Avoid Alcohol and Grapefruit Juice
- Avoid driving or any mechanical activity as it may cause dizziness or
- You should avoid Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine):
You should not take Nicardia 20 Mg if you:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have sudden attack of Angina or have unstable angina (chest pain)
- Are taking an Antibiotic like Rifampicin
- Have Intestinal inflammation like Crohn’s Disease
- Have serious Heart Problems and low Blood pressure
- Have acute myocardial infarction
- Have Sick sinus syndrome
- Are Drug Addicted
- Are facing Side Effects (Dizziness/Lightheadedness, Swelling Ankles and Feet, or a Headache)
- Are Having Kidney and Liver Problems
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have any allergy
- Have any other heart diseases or Problems
- Are suffering from Postural Hypotension (try to get up slowly to reduce this side effect)
- Have any kidney or liver disorder
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Are taking grapefruit juice
- Notice Breathlessness or Swelling of ankles
- Are having Intestinal Disorders or inflammation
- Have Low Blood pressure
- Are Pregnant /Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Also inform the doctor if your chest pain is getting worse after using this medici
Nicardia 20 mg contains a Calcium Channel Blocker, Nifedipine, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Angina. Nicardia 20 mg is available in various strengths, substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Ask your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the medicine as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Nicardia 20 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. Special care should be taken in case of type of angina as it is not recommended for sudden attack of angina.
How Much Of The Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine) to Be Used:
You are always advised to take Nicardia 20 Mg according to the severity of the disease. It is preferable to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescriptions only.
How To Take The Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine):
Nicardia 20 Mg dose should be taken at a fixed time preferably with food. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine):
You are advised to take Nicardia 20 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine on your own. Do not take it in smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended as it may lead to adverse effects or any toxicity on longer usage.
Immediately contact your doctor or reach nearby medical facility if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like swelling of face, hands, and feet, headache, hypotension, muscle pain, etc.
Do not give your medicine to anybody who is having symptoms like you as it may lead to unwanted effects or fatal effects due to wrong dose and wrong medicine.
Always try to take every dose of Nicardia 20 Mg at a fixed time. The missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take double/multiple doses in case you forget to take once or twice.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Nicardia 20 Mg (Nifedipine):
- Body pain
- Postural Hypotension
- Chest discomfort
- Bleeding or inflammation of gums
- Swelling of the hands, ankles, feet, or lower legs
- Acid or sour stomach
- Muscle pain
- Skin rash
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Nicardia 20 Mg may interact with other medicines, diseased conditons or supplements you are using and can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always discuss with your doctor if you are on other medication, herbal supplements, or OTC drugs. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Rifampicin, Erthromycin
- Digoxin, Diltiazem, Quinidine or Beta Blockers
- Phenytoin, Carbamazapine or Valproic Acid
- Magnesium Sulphate during pregnancy (may cause severe fall in blood pressure)
- Antifungal medicines like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole or Fluconazole
- Anti-HIV drugs like Indinavir, Nelfinavir, Ritonavir, etc.
- Antidepressants (Fluoxetine or Nefazodone)
It may interact with the following tests and may change the results:
- Urine test
- A barium contrast X-Ray (barium meal)
Warning And Precaution:
Nicardia 20 mg should be used cautiously in:
- Skin Reactions
- Heart Problems
- Intestinal Inflammation
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- This medicine is not recommended for Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women and Pediatric Population
- You should always inform your doctor about your medical records or history so that you can have best possible and adjusted regimen
Things To Remember:
- Drink plenty of water, follow the proper Diet plan and make an exercise Schedule for better effects
- Read the information written on the leaflet/insert carefully.
- Keep out of reach and sight of the children
- Do not use already open, damaged or expired tablets
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time and strength of the dosage form.
Nicardia 20 Mg is prescribed for angina and high blood pressure and should be taken as instructed by your doctor. Do not exceed the limit of dosage
Store the Nicardia 20 Mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets are intact and not damaged.