Nicotex 2 Mg
USA Brand Name
Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP
Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP)
What Is The Generic Name For Nicotex?
Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP is the generic version for Nicotex
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP)?
About Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP)
Nicotex 2 mg contains an active ingredient, Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP, an effective smoking cessation aid that reduces the withdrawal symptoms and craving for nicotine. Its availability at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Nicotex 2 mg.
Nicotex 2 mg contains an active ingredient, Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP, 2 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
- Chewing Tablets
What Are The Uses Of The Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP)?
Nicotex 2 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP) Works?
Nicotex 2 mg containing Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP is an effective smoking cessation aid that reduces the withdrawal symptoms and craving for nicotine.
Before You Use Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid consumption of acidic beverages such as coffee, coke, or other carbonated drinks may reduce the absorption and effects of nicotine
- You should avoid Driving as it may cause Dizziness
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP)?
You should not take Nicotex 2 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Asthma or Bronchospasm
- Have Heart Diseases
- Have High Blood Pressure
- Have Peptic Ulcers
- Have Liver/Kidney Diseases
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Have Heart Disease/High Blood Pressure
- Have Diabetes
- Have Endocrine Disorders
- Have Lung Disease like Asthma and Bronchospasm
- Have Liver/Kidney Diseases
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/Breastfeeding
Nicotex 2 mg contains an active ingredient, Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP which is a Mucolytic and Antidote and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as age and addiction of Tobacco differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Nicotex 2 mg tablet at any time or as instructed by your Doctor.
How Much Of The Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP) to Be Used?
Nicotex 2 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Nicotex 2 mg.
How To Take The Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP)?
Nicotex 2 mg dose should be taken at any time as directed by your doctor. You must take the tablet as a whole and chew it whenever you feel like to smoke.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP)?
You are always advised to take Nicotex 2 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting any symptoms overdose.
You can take it whenever you get the feeling of smoking. There is no problem if you missed it once. This tablet is to help you forget smoking. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Nicotex 2 Mg (Nicotine Polacrilex Gum USP)?
- Mouth Sores
- Blisters or Irritation in Throat and Mouth
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Acid or Sour Stomach
- Belching and Heartburn
- Unusual Tiredness and Weakness
- Blurred Vision
- Severe Headache
- Fast/Irregular Heart Beat
- Severe Skin Allergy
- Difficulty in Falling Asleep
- Dizziness and Light-headedness
- Application Site Redness, Itching, and Burning
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Nicotex 2 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other Medication, Vitamin or Mineral Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Nicotex 2 mg should be used cautiously in the conditions like:
- Heart Diseases
- Peptic Ulcers
- High Blood Pressure
- Liver Disease
- Endocrine Disorders
- It is not recommended for Pediatric Use
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for the better results.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Consult the doctor if you have any confusion related to dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Nicotex 2 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses on time and regularly as per schedule. Do not stop in between even if you feel better.
Store the Nicotex 2 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.