Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg
USA Brand Name
Elder Pharmaceuticals, India
Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine Patches)
What Is The Generic Name For Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg:
Nicotine Patches is the generic version for Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine patches)
- Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg
About Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine Patches)
Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg contains an active ingredient, Nicotine in form of patch which is to be applied over the skin, where nicotine is absorbed and goes to the body systemic circulation. It basically helps the smoker to relieve from smoking withdrawal symptoms and let them stop smoking by reducing craving for nicotine. It is a non-prescription medication which is available at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Elder Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg.
Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg contains an active ingredient, Nicotine which is available in three strengths for the complete cessation program. It is available as 3 step therapy patches available at all the online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
- Nicotinell TTS 30 patches (52.5 mg of nicotine) delivering 21 mg per 24 hours to a smoker,
- Nicotinell TTs 20 patches (35 mg of nicotine) delivering 14 mg per 24 hours, and
- Nicotinell TTS 10 patches (17.5 mg of nicotine) delivering 7 mg per 24 hours.
What Are The Uses Of The Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine patches):
Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg is used to:
- Reduce the craving for smoking
- Quit the smoking
How Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine patches) Works:
Nicotine in the patches is an effective smoking cessation aid which helps to reduce the smoking withdrawal symptoms when you are facing quitting cravings, difficulty concentrating, restlessness, frustration and anxiety.
Before You Use Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine patches):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg
- You do not take alcohol
- You do not have any skin Allergy
- Your doctor knows about your Pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, and Supplements.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine patches):
- Avoid alcohol and further smoking
- Avoid consumption of acidic beverages such as coffee, coke, or other carbonated drinks may reduce the absorption and effects of nicotine
- Avoid Driving as it may cause Dizziness
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine patches):
You should not take Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Diabetes
- Have Heart Diseases and High Blood pressure
- Have tumor of the adrenal gland
- Have overactive thyroid gland
- Have Peptic Ulcers
- Have severe skin disease
- Have Liver/Kidney Diseases
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Have Heart Disease/High Blood Pressure
- Have Diabetes
- Have Endocrine Disorders
- Have Lung Diseases
- Have skin diseases
- Have any ulcers in stomach
- Have Liver/Kidney Diseases
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg contains nicotine in patches which helps the smokers quit smoking. It is non-prescription drug which is available in other dosage forms also like tablets, chewing gums, etc. You just need to discuss with your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as age and addiction of Tobacco varies in every individual.
Adults (who smoke) are advised to use Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg at any time or as instructed by your Doctor but should keep it overnight till morning as craving of smoking is higher in the morning time. It is not recommended for children below age 12 years. It is also not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine Patches) to Be Used:
Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg is available in three strengths at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their instructions to take Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg. If they are chain smokers and want to quit smoking then they have to follow the 3 step quitting program following Nicotinell TTS 30 Patches, Nicotinell TTS 20 Patches, and Nicotinell 10 patches. If you smoke less frequently then you just need less dosage program.
How To Use The Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine Patches):
Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg should be used at any time as directed by your doctor. You must apply it in the day time with care. You will have to select the hairless area of the skin where you want to put the patch like in front/side of the chest, upper arm region, thighs, buttocks, etc.
Open its sachet and remove the silver color paper (backing) from adhesive side and carefully stick it to the selected portion of the skin by pressing it firmly with the help of the palm. Make sure that on that area you do not have any inflammation or allergy or any injury. If it is not sticking to the selected area then you will need to change the area or apply more gum to make it stick to your skin.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine Patches)
You are not advised to use it larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. It must be used according to the need of the patient.
The correct dose depends only on the number of cigarettes you smoke per day. There is 3 step programs which needs to be followed in which the size of your patch will be changed because your dependence on nicotine will reduce when you will start to take this therapy. Remember to not to cut the patches to reduce the dose. Following is a 3 months program for this therapy:
In case, if you smoke 20 or more cigarettes per day:
- Step 1: Nicotinell TTS 30 (21mg/24 hours) patches for 3–4 weeks, followed by,
- Step 2: Nicotinell TTS 20 (14mg/24 hours) patches for 3–4 weeks, followed by final step,
- Step 3: Nicotinell TTS 10 (7mg/24 hours) patches for 3–4 weeks.
In case, if you smoke less than 20 cigarettes per day, you need to start with step 2 instead of step 1:
- Step 2: Nicotinell TTS 20 for 3–4 weeks which is followed by,
- Step 3: Nicotinell TTS 10 for 3–4 weeks.
If you are feeling it necessary, use Step 3 again but for further 3–4 weeks only. You must not start the whole program at Step 3. You need to start other replacement therapy if this program does not work.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting any symptoms of overdose like: Headache, Increased Heart Rate, Sweating, Vision Problems, Diarrhea, etc.
You must not take this therapy if you do not smoke or smoke very often as it will lead to unwanted side effects or toxicity only.
If you have started this therapy, make sure that you are not skipping any dose. There is no problem if you missed it once unless you are not craving to smoke otherwise you must use it as soon as you remember. This tablet is to help you quit smoking. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg (Nicotine patches):
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
- Severe itching of the skin/Red rash/Edema/Raised lumps/ burning sensation on application site
- Abdominal pain or indigestion
- Muscle discomfort or arthritis
- Disturbance in attention
- Mood changes/Depressed mood/Confusional state
- Tingling or numbness
- Changes in taste or blurred vision
- Palpitations (feeling of heartbeats)/High blood pressure/Hot Flushes
- Chest Infections
- Excessive Sweating
- Joint pain, Muscle Cramp or Back Pain
- Feeling of weakness, Pain or Discomfort
- Chest pain, Shortness of Breath or Irregular Heart Beat
- Skin discoloration or inflammation of blood vessels
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg may interact with the other medications or topical products you are using at the same time. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always inform your doctor if you are using other Medication, topical products, or Mineral Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg should be used cautiously in the conditions like:
- Heart Diseases
- Peptic Ulcers
- High Blood Pressure
- Liver Disease
- Skin Allergy or inflammation
- Endocrine Disorders
- It is not recommended for Pediatric Use
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for the results.
Things To Remember:
- You must change the application site for the patch every day to reduce the few side effects that can occur due to same site application.
- Do not use it if you smoke very often or do not smoke.
- You can use Nicotine chewing gums if you feel excessive cravings while taking this therapy.
- Keep out of reach and sight of the children
- Read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Consult your doctor if you have any confusion related to the dose, time, and the strength of the medication.
Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Use these patches on time and regularly as per schedule. Do not stop using on your own even if you are feeling better.
Store the Nicotinell Patches 17 Mg at cool temperature in clean and dry place. Before purchasing make sure that patch packaging is in fine condition. They are not opened anyhow.