Nitrogesic Ointment 30 gm 0.2%
USA Brand Name
30gm 0.2% w/w
Troikaa Pharma, India
Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
What Is The Generic Name For Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
Nitroglycerine is the generic version for Nitrogesic Ointment
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
About Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
Nitrogesic Ointment contains an active ingredient, Nitroglycerine, is a medicine belongs to nitrate group of Antihypertensives, is used in anal fissures treatment. You can buy this prescription based ointment from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Manufacturer of Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
Troikaa Pharma (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w.
Strength of Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
Nitrogesic Ointment contains an active ingredient, Nitroglycerine 0.2 gm in 100 gm in a 30 mg capacity tube which may be available in other substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Anal Fissures
How Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine) Works
Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w has Nitroglycerine, which works by relaxing smooth muscles of anus in fissures. This improves blood flow and allows anal tear to heal and relieves the pain.
Before You Use Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Nitroglycerine
- You do not take alcohol and do not smoke
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Medications, surgeries, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
- Avoid Taking alcohol and smoking
- Avoid high-fat diet and excess eating
- Avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- Avoid Taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
You should avoid Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have gone through any Surgical/Dental procedure
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Heart Diseases
- Have any other intestinal disorder
- Are taking other medicines like Sildenafil or Tadalafil as this ointment may interact with them
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w is used in anal fissures and available in various strengths, substitutes and other dosage forms like sublingual tablets, patches, sprays, injections and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Patients are advised to apply Nitrogesic Ointment at fixed times regularly and in required amount. Do not apply in excess or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for the Children and adolescents (Pediatric Population) and Caution is required to use in Old age People (Geriatric Population)
How Much Of The Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine) to Be Used
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w. It must be applied in required quantity as large amount of ointment will just pile it up without having any increased effects and low amounts will not produce any effect.
How To Use The Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w dose should be used at fixed times regularly. Squeeze out required amount on a finger and apply it on anal opening. Rub it gently and leave it without washing. Make sure to clean the affected area and hands before application.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
You are always advised to take Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to use it in larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like itching, burning or stinging sensation, allergic reactions, etc. Reach nearby medical facility if ointment comes in contact with sensitive organs accidently and results in side effects. Rinse your eyes, nose, mouth, and vagina instantly and thoroughly before going to hospital.
A missed dose of Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w should be applied as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w (Nitroglycerine)
- Swelling of the Eyes, Ears, and inside of Nose in case of accidental contact
- Nausea and Vomiting in case of accidental swallowing
- Pale and Clammy Skin
- Allergic reactions at anal opening
- Skin allergies or inflammation
- Burning or itching sensation
- Swelling or redness with pain in the affected area
What Are The Common Drug Interactions
Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm may interact with other topical medications which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always tell your doctor if you are using other Drugs, topical products or Herbal Supplements. It has many interactions with other drugs when it is taken into systemic circulation but less or no interactions can be seen when applied topically but it is always advised to use the medications carefully.
Warning And Precaution
Nitrogesic Ointment 30 Gm 0.2% w/w should not be given or used very cautiously in:
- Hypersensititvity or allergy
- Skin injuries, severe cuts, and open wounds
- Skin inflammations or infections
- Caution is required to use it in geriatric Population (> 65 years of age)
- Nitrates have high Drug Tolerance hence; Patients should be given the Nitrate Free Interval to avoid Drug Tolerance. Dose must be adjusted and used carefully.
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember
- Contact your doctor if you are having unusual bleeding
- Take a healthy diet, exclude high fat diet, take plenty of water, and take high fiber low sodium diet.
- Try to increase your physical activity, maintain your weight and reduce stress.
- Keep out of reach and site of the children
- Ask your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the medication
Do not stop using Nitrogesic Ointment 30 gm on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Store the Nitrogesic Ointment 30 gm 0.2% w/w at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the ointment tube is not leaked or not expired.