Nizral 200 Mg
USA Brand Name
Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Nizral 200 Mg:
Ketoconazole is the generic version for Nizral 200 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole):
About Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole)
Nizral 200 mg contains Ketoconazole as an active ingredient which is used in the treatment of all the Fungal Infections. You can purchase this prescription based drug from any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Nizral 200 mg.
Nizral 200 mg contains an active drug, Ketoconazole, 200 mg per tablet. It may be found in the various strengths and other substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores but you always need to buy the tablet of exact strength prescribed.
What Are The Uses Of The Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole):
Nizral 200 mg is used in the treatment of fungal and yeast infections like:
- Oropharyngeal Candidiasis
- Esophageal Candidiasis
- Cryptococcal Meningitis
- Vaginal Candidiasis
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Prophylaxis of Infections in Special Population
How Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole) Works:
Ketoconazole is present in Nizral 200 mg which is an antifungal and stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering which allows them to grow or spread in human body.
Before You Use Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (pre-existing disease, infections, surgeries, medications, food supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole):
- You should avoid driving after taking this tablet
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid other antibiotics or antifungal drugs unless prescribed by your doctor
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole):
You should not take Nizral 200 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have ulcers, penile sores or blisters or if you have an abnormal penile discharge
- Have pain in passing urine or if your penis has started to smell bad
- Have any other Infection or Inflammation
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Asthma
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Nizral 200 mg (Ketoconazole) is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Nizral 200 mg at a fixed time with or without meal or as instructed by your Doctor. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Nizral 200 mg. Usually one tablet per day or alternate is given to the patients but certainly severity of infection decides the dose.
How To Take The Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole):
Nizral 200 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without the food as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole):
You are always advised to not to start/stop using this medicine yourself and advised to follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. Duration of the medicine is directly
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you suspect the symptoms of overdose like headache, skin allergy, nausea, seizures, etc.
You should try to take every dose of Nizral 200 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Nizral 200 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take double or multiple dose to make up for missed doses. If you have missed more than one dose then discuss it with your doctor.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Nizral 200 Mg (Ketoconazole):
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- QT Prolongation
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Nizral 200 mg may interact with other medicines and can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always inform your doctor if you are on other medication, OTC drugs, and any herbal supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- QT interval-prolonging drugs
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- QT Prolongation
Warning And Precaution:
Nizral 200 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Kidney/Heart/Liver Diseases
- Old age
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- If you are using birth control pills then Ketoconazole can make them less effective. Consider using another method (condoms, diaphragms) along with these pills.
- You should contact your doctor if symptoms are not relieved even after using it for one week.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet/insert of the medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of your medication
- It should be avoided in pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Nizral 200 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course to prevent yourself from reoccurrence of the infection.
Store the Nizral 200 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.