Nodon 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cadila Pharmaceuticals, India
Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol)
What Is The Generic Name For Nebicard?
Nebivolol is the generic version for Nebicard
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol)?
About Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol)
Nodon 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Nebivolol, which is used in the treatment of Arrhythmia and Chest Pain (Angina) and Heart Attack and its availability is at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cadila Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Nodon 5 mg.
Nodon 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Nebivolol, 5 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol)?
Nodon 5 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
- Heart Attack
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Migraine Prevention
How Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol) Works?
Nodon 5 mg has an active ingredient, Nebivolol, a beta blocker which basically works on the heart by reducing the heart rate and relaxes blood vessels to improve blood flow to the organ.
Before You Use Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Nebivolol
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving as it may cause Dizziness
- You should avoid Multivitamins while taking Nebivolol
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol)?
You should not take Nodon 5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Ailments
- Have slow Heart Beats or Irregular Heartbeats
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Diabetes
- Have other Heart Complications
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Always talk to your doctor if your heart conditions (Palpitation, Faster Heart Beats, etc) persist even after treatment.
Nodon 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Nebivolol, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension, Chest Pain and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Avoid high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter, and meat while taking Nodon 5 mg. If there is the necessity to take minerals or vitamins, then take them 2 hrs prior or after taking the tablet.
Adults are advised to take Nodon 5 mg at a fixed time with food as instructed by your Doctor. Try to take it regularly by time for better effects.
How Much Of The Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol) to Be Used?
Nodon 5 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Nodon 5 mg.
How To Take The Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol)?
Nodon 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol)?
You are always advised to take Nodon 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. It generally takes 1-2 weeks to show its effects.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Nodon 5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Nodon 5 Mg (Nebivolol)?
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Increase in body fat and cholesterol
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
- Chest pain and discomfort
- Decreased blood pressure
- Difficulty in breathing
- Weight gain
- Burning, numbness, tingling in the arms and feet
- Allergic Skin Reaction
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Nodon 5 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other Medication, Vitamin or Mineral Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It also interacts with following disease condition:
- Liver Disease
- High Cholesterol and Fat
- Heart Block
- Myesthenia Gravis
Warning And Precaution:
Nodon 5 mg should be used cautiously in the conditions like:
- Other Heart diseases like Heart Block, Ischemia
- Lung inflammation/Bronchial Asthma
- Diabetes and Hypoglycemia
- Heart Failure
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- You should use Multivitamins with caution if you are going to take Nodon 5 mg.
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Lower the risk of lightheadedness or dizziness by rising up slowly from lying or sitting position
- Monitor Blood Pressure regularly
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Consult the doctor if you have any confusion related to dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Nodon 5 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses on time and regularly as per schedule. Do not stop in between even if you feel better.
Store the Nodon 5 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.