Omesec 20 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Omesec 20 Mg?
Omeprazole is the generic version for Omesec 20 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole)?
About Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole)
Omesec 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Omeprazole which is used in the treatment of Acidity, Heart Burn, and Intestinal Ulcers. You can find it at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy stores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Omesec 20 mg.
Omesec 20 mg is having an ingredient, Omeprazole, 20 mg per tablet and found to be available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole)?
Omesec 20 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Gastroesophagal Reflux Disease
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Helicobacter pylori Infection
- Erosive Esophagiti
How Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole) Works?
Omesec 20 mg contains Omeprazole, a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which basically reduces the amount of acid in the stomach that helps in relief of acid related indigestion and heartburn.
Before You Use Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Omeprazole
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole)?
You should avoid Omesec 20 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Osteoporosis
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsen by intake of Omeprazole
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Are suffering from Osteoporosis
- Are not feeling better even after taking it for 14 days
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Omesec 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Omeprazole, which is used in the treatment of Intestinal Ulcers, Heartburn and Acidity and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Omesec 20 mg is well tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time but you should always consult your doctor for duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Omesec 20 mg at a fixed time, 1 hour prior to the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Omesec 20 mg. It is advisable to take Calcium and Magnesium Supplements while taking this medicine.
How To Take The Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole)?
Omesec 20 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it 1 hour before the meal. You can take antacid with it for a quick relief.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole)?
You are always advised to take Omesec 20 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in higher dose or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Omesec 20 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Omesec 20 Mg (Omeprazole)?
- Abdominal Pain
- Joint Pain
- Sore Throat
- Loss of Appetite
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Muscle Pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Omesec 20 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Omesec 20 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Clostridium difficile Associated Diarrhea
- Cutaneous and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Bone Fracture (caused due to reduced Calcium Levels in the body)
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Magnesium Levels and Kidney Function regularly
- Take Calcium and Vitamin D supplements while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to dose, time, and strength of the capsule
Do not stop Omesec 20 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Omesec 20 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the capsules should be intact and not damaged.