Omez 10 Mg
US Brand Name
Dr. Reddy, India
Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Omez 10 Mg:
Omeprazole is the generic version for Omez 10 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole)
About Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole)
Omez 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Omeprazole which is used in the treatment of Acidity, Heart Burn, and Intestinal Ulcers. It can be found at all the drugstores, leading pharmacies, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Dr. Reddy (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Omez 10 mg.
Omez 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Omeprazole, 10 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole):
Omez 10 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Helicobacter pylori Infection
- Erosive Esophagitis
How Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole) Works:
Omez 10 mg has an active ingredient, Omeprazole, a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which reduces the amount of acid in the stomach that helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Before You Use Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Omeprazole
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole):
You should avoid Omez 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Osteoporosis
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsened by intake of Omeprazole
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Are suffering from Osteoporosis
- Are not feeling better even after taking it for 14 days
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Omez 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Omeprazole, which is used in the treatment of Intestinal Ulcers, Heartburn and Acidity and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Omez 10 mg is well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time but you should always consult your doctor for duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Omez 10 mg at a fixed time, 1 hour prior to the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Omez 10 mg. It is advisable to take Calcium and Magnesium Supplements while taking this medicine.
How To Take The Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole):
Omez 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it 1 hour before the meal. You can take an antacid with it for quick relief.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole)
You are always advised to take Omez 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Omez 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Omez 10 Mg (Omeprazole)
- Abdominal Pain
- Joint Pain
- Sore Throat
- Loss of Appetite
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Muscle Pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Omez 10 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Omez 10 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Clostridium difficile Associated Diarrhea
- Cutaneous and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Bone Fracture (caused due to reduced Calcium Levels in the body)
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Magnesium Levels and Kidney Function regularly
- Take Calcium and Vitamin D supplements while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Omez 10 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Omez 10 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.