Osteofos 35 Mg
USA Brand Name
Osteofos 35 Mg (Sodium Alendronate)
What Is The Generic Name For Osteofos 35 Mg:
Alendronate Sodium is the generic version for Osteofos 35 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Osteofos 35 mg (Sodium Alendronate)
About Osteofos 35 Mg (Sodium Alendronate)
Osteofos 35 mg contains an active ingredient, Sodium Alendronate which is used in the treatment of Osteoporosis and widely available at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla(India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Osteofos 35 mg.
Osteofos 35 mg contains an active ingredient, Sodium Alendronate, 35 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Osteofos 35 Mg (Sodium Alendronate):
Osteofos 35 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Paget’s Disease
How Osteofos 35 Mg (Sodium Alendronate) Works:
Osteofos 35 mg has an active ingredient, Sodium Alendronate, a bisphosphonate which basically suppresses the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause the destruction of bone, thereby strengthening the bones and minimizing the risk of fractures.
Before You Use Osteofos 35 Mg (Sodium Alendronate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Sodium Alendronate
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Osteofos 35 Mg (Sodium Alendronate):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Osteofos 35 Mg (Sodium Alendronate):
You should avoid Osteofos 35 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Experience Pain in Jaw, Throat, Chest, Abdomen, Hips or Thighs.
- Are about to have a Dental Procedure
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Osteofos 35 mg contains an active ingredient, Sodium Alendronate, which is used in the treatment of Osteoporosis and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Osteofos 35 mg is well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time but you should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Osteofos 35 mg at a fixed time probably in the morning time on an empty stomach followed by no eating or drinking for 30 min. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Osteofos 35 mg (Sodium Alendronate) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Osteofos 35 mg. It is advisable to take Calcium and Magnesium Supplements while taking this medicine.
How To Take The Osteofos 35 mg (Sodium Alendronate):
Osteofos 35 mg dose should be taken in the morning on an empty stomach. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it.
It is better not to eat and drink for 30 minutes after taking the medicine and you should also maintain an upright Posture for 30 min after taking it
For How Long Should You Continue Using Osteofos 35 mg (Sodium Alendronate)
You are always advised to take Osteofos 35 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Osteofos 35 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are TheSide Effects Of The Osteofos 35 mg (Sodium Alendronate)
- Musculoskeletal (Bone, Muscle or Joint) Pain
- Difficulty in Swallowing
- Abdominal Pain
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Loss of Appetite
- Loosening of the Teeth
- Swelling of Ankles or Feet
- Flu-like Symptoms
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Osteofos 35 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Osteonecrosis of the Jaw
- Renal Failure
- Upper Gastrointestinal Mucosal Irritation
Warning And Precaution:
Osteofos 35 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Severe Bone, Joint and/or Muscle Pain
- Thigh Bone Fracture (caused due to reduced Calcium Levels in the body)
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women
- It is not recommended for Children and Adolescents
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- If you are about to undergo any Dental Procedure/surgery, then Osteofos 35 mg should be discontinued temporarily
- Take Calcium supplements or syrups while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Osteofos 35 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Osteofos 35 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.