Ostospray 3.7 ml
US Brand Name
Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution
Sun Pharma, India
Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution)
What Is The Generic Name For Ostospray:
Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution is the generic version for Ostospray
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution):
About Ostospray 3.7 ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution):
Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) contains an active ingredient, Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution which is used to treat post menopausal osteoporosis. It is used to prevent bone loss due to osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) in women who have not had monthly periods for at least 5 years. You can buy this prescription based spray from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
- Nasal Spray
Sun Pharma (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) Nasal Spray.
Ostospray nasal spray consists of 3.7 ml of calcitonin-salmon clear solution in a glass vial with 200 IU per ml concentration. It is packed in the vial with a pump over it. This pump after priming delivers 0.09 ml (200 IU) calcitonin-salmon per actuation. It may be available in the other substitutes with different strengths at all the leading online pharmacy stores, medical supply stores and drugstores.
What Are The Uses Of The Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution):
- Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) is used in the treatment of:
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
How Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution) Works:
Calcitonin is a calcitonin receptor agonist which basically suppresses the activity of cells (osteoclasts) that are responsible for destruction of bone, hence, strengthening the bones and minimizing the risk of fractures.
Before You Use Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution):
You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution):
You should avoid Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy to its contents
- Have Hypocalcemia
- Have cancer or any malignancies
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergy
- Have Thin or Brittle Bones
- Have any brain disease
- Have Hypocalcemia
- Have infections
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies which may affect its therapeutic effect
Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) contains Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution, used to treat Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. It is a prescription only drug and may be available in various substitutes with several strengths. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ in each patient.
Patients are advised to use the Nasal Spray at a fixed time once in day regularly. Do not inhale larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Miacalcic Nasal Spray. One spray per day must be administered intranasally in alternating nostrils daily.
How To Take The Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution):
Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor.
Moreover, you should insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril. Direct the spray away and towards from the dividing cartilage. As you spray it, try to breathe gently keeping your head high. Repeat the step in the other nostril.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution)
You are advised to take the Nasal Spray as long as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it for a longer period unless prescribed by the doctor.
Contact your doctor or visit nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting that you have taken a high dose or multiple doses and due to that you are facing severe side effects.
A missed dose of Miacalcic Nasal Spray should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take double or multiple doses next time if you missed once or twice. You need to contact your doctor in that case.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution)
- Hypocalcemia with Tetany (Muscle cramps and twitching)
- Altered Bone Growth
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Weight gain
- Nasal Adverse reactions
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Miacalcic Nasal Spray contents may interact with other medicines which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other medicines or Herbal or Food Supplements as these may interact with your Miacalcic Nasal Spray.
Warning And Precaution:
Ostospray 3.7 Ml (200 IU) should be used very cautiously in:
- Anaphylactic shock
- Swelling of tongue and throat
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Take your calcium and vitamin D regularly
- Throw away the medicine after 30 doses even there is the contents in it as it will not deliver the right dose after it.
- Shake well before using the contents
- After opening it, you must prime the pump by spraying in the air until you get the fine mist
- You should always remember to clean the spray tip and replace the protective cap after usage.
- Consult your doctor in case you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the medication
- Always use the spray only if recommended by your physician.
- Read the insert/Label carefully.
Store it at room temperature in dark, clean and dry place once opened. Refrigerate it if unopened.