Oxcarb 600 Mg
USA Brand Name
Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine)
What Is The Generic Name For Oxcarb 600 Mg:
Oxcarbazepine is the generic version for Oxcarb 600 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine):
About Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine):
Oxcarb 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Oxcarbazepine which is used in the treatment of Seizures. It is widely available at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Oxcarb 600 mg.
Oxcarb 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Oxcarbazepine, 600 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine):
Oxcarb 600 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine) Works:
Oxcarb 600 mg has an active ingredient, Oxcarbazepine, an antiepileptic drug. It basically controls seizures/fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Oxcarbazepine
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine):
You should avoid Oxcarb 600 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Skin Allergies
- Mood Disorders
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsened by intake of Oxcarbazepine
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Low Blood Cell Counts
- Have Low Sodium Levels
- Have Skin Allergies
- Have Mood Disorders
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Oxcarb 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Oxcarbazepine, which is used in the treatment of Seizures and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Oxcarb 600mg at a fixed time, with or without the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Oxcarb 600 mg.
How To Take The Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine):
Oxcarb 600 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Oxcarb 600 Mg:
You are always advised to take Oxcarb 600 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Oxcarb 600 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Oxcarb 600 Mg (Oxcarbazepine)
- Changes In Vision/Blurred Vision
- Unsteady Walk
- Uncontrolled Eye Movements
- Fast Heartbeat
- Swelling Of Ankles/Feet
- Abdominal Pain
- Dry Mouth
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Oxcarb 600mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Oxcarb 600 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Mood Disorders like Depression or Suicidal Thoughts
- Blood Cell Counts
- Low Sodium Levels
- Withdrawal Symptoms like Tremors, Anxiety, etc.
- Skin Reactions like Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep monitoring and maintaining your Sodium Levels and Blood Cell Counts
- Keep the medicine away from Children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Oxcarb 600 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Oxcarb 600 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.