Oxitan 100 Mg/25ml
USA Brand Name
Oxitan 100 Mg (25 Ml) (Oxiplatin)
What Is The Generic Name For Oxitan:
Oxiplatin is the generic version for Oxitan
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Oxitan 100 mg (Oxiplatin):
About Oxitan 100 Mg (Oxiplatin):
Oxitan 100 mg contains an anti cancer agent, Oxiplatin 100 mg per 25 ml in vial for injection which is used in the treatment of various cancers of colon and rectum. This injection must be administered by a doctor or a nurse but you can buy it from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores if you have a doctor’s prescription.
One of the top leading companies, Fresenius Kabi (India) is manufacturing Oxitan 100 mg.
Oxitan 100 mg contains Oxiplatin 100 mg per 25 ml of vial for injection. Oxiplatin may also be available in various other substitutes at the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Oxitan 100 Mg (Oxiplatin):
Oxitan 100 mg is used to treat:
- Cancer of colon
- Cancer of rectum
How Oxitan 100 Mg (Oxiplatin) Works:
Oxitan 100 mg containing Oxiplatin is an anti cancer drug that inhibits DNA synthesis by damaging the DNA (genetic material) of cancer cells and stops the cancerous growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
Before You Use Oxitan 100 Mg (Oxiplatin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- You have informed the doctor about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Oxitan 100 Mg (Oxiplatin):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid smoking and tabacco
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Oxitan 100 Mg (Oxiplatin):
You should avoid Oxitan 100 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have severe Kidney or Liver Diseases
- Have injuries, cuts or open wounds as it decreases the clotting properties
- Have very low blood counts, weakness, numbness, and change in taste
- Have Severe Infections
- Have gastrointestinal disease or inflammation of large intestine
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Have Asthma, gastrointestinal disease, seizures, any brain disease, etc.
- Have any other Infection or Disease
- Have blood cell Disorders and bone marrow suppression
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Oxitan 100 mg contains Oxiplatin which acts on certain types of cancerous growth and also available in various substitutes at all the online pharmacy stores, Drug stores, and medical supply stores. It must be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the injection as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Oxitan 100 mg at a fixed time and must be injected by a doctor or a nurse only. Do not self administer the drug. It is not recommended for the infants and pregnant/ Breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Oxitan 100 Mg (Oxiplatin) to Be Used:
Though Oxiplatin is available in various Strengths and other substitutes but patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to buy Oxitan 100 mg and dose which is depending upon the severity of the infection which must be administered by doctor or nurse only.
How To Take The Oxitan 100 Mg (Oxiplatin):
Oxitan 100 mg is available in a vial for injection, and to be filled carefully in syringe which should be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Do not self administer the injection.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Oxitan 100 Mg (Oxiplatin)
You are always advised to take Oxitan 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended but they should complete the course and follow all the instruction of their doctors.
Contact your doctor immediately or reach nearby medical facility for the prompt action if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like Skin Rashes, allergy, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Hair Loss, Fever, Severe Pain, etc.
A missed dose of Oxitan 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember that too after consulting with your doctor. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Oxitan 100 Mg (Oxiplatin)
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Weakness and numbness
- Hair loss
- Skin rash
- Decrease in libido
- Increased urination frequency
- Stomach pain
- Pain at the injection site
- Lower back pain
- Joint pain
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Swelling of feet and lower legs
- Convulsions/ Seizures
- Sour mouth
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Oxitan may interact with other medicines, which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Hence, always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live vaccines
- Lung Injury
Warning And Precaution:
Oxitan 100 mg should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy to any of its contents
- Hearing Impairment/ Ototoxicity
- Lung toxicity
- Blood Cell Counts
- Impaired kidney/ Liver function
- Consult your doctor for dosage adjustment and effective treatment in any diseased condition.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Keep monitoring Kidney/Liver and Blood Cell counts while taking this medicine
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Injection to be taken.
- Do not stop taking Oxitan 100 mg on your own in between the course or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
- Do not self administer the injection, always take a help of medical practitioner or let your doctor do it.
Store the Oxitan 100 mg injection at cool temperature in clean, dark and dry place. Make sure that the injection is not damaged or leaked.